1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Are there any KEEN Footwear fans out there?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Jetsrb32, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Jetsrb32

Jetsrb32 Loaded Pockets

Calling all KEEN Footwear Fans...

Which ones do you have?

I have KEEN Lexingtons (both versions - for work), Austins, Newport sandals, Summit III snow boots, and my wife has KEEN sandals and snow boots too.

:D

2. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

I have the Keen Austin and they have been a great shoe. Nice, stiff sole and good leather. They kind of have a "duck foot" look to them because they are also nice and wide. Gotta remember to go get another pair.

3. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

Yes! I don't know the names of the models, but I own a pair of 6" boots in traditional yellow leather with the trademark toe, 8" steel toe boots in dark brown, and hiking shoes/sneakers that I have worn through the tread and still wear them. I have wide feet, and Keens are the only steel toe I can wear all day. I used to be a New Balance guy, but Keens are where its at for me now!

4. Jetsrb32

Jetsrb32 Loaded Pockets

Exactly the same story for me

5. mlp2147

mlp2147 Loaded Pockets

On my 3rd pair now. I enjoy the wide toe box and the looks to go along with it.

6. Jetsrb32

Jetsrb32 Loaded Pockets

I think the wide feet will be a common theme here

Sriracha likes this.
  7. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

My wife has a couple pair of low cut hikers that she wears all the time.

8. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of Keen sandals that are over 10 years old. They have literally traveled everywhere I've ever been on some seriously nasty terrain. They refuse to die. My friends that bought newer models tell me they're not as durable as they used to be.

Bowman1911 likes this.
  9. Old Soul

Old Soul Loaded Pockets

Started with a pair of the sandals and then tried a pair of the Atlanta cool ESD. About as close as a pair to of sandals as I could get at work and still be safety shoes. Have about 5 pairs of Keens now with sandals, casual shoes, and a couple pairs of work boots. Only thing I have found that is close in the toe box is Redwing boots.

10. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

Keen sandals here also, waterproof nylon, I laughed when I saw the tag. Going strong for about 8 years. Lots of miles, lots of abuse, still nowhere near worn out.

11. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

I love Keens. I have several pairs including Witchitas, Ontarios, Koven Mids, and Durands. All are incredibly comfortable, mostly due to the wide toe box. I pretty much live in them these days.

The Durands and the Ontarios are built in the USA. :)

12. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

2 pair of sandals, one pair of Summit Country III, pair of Targhee II, one pair Gypsum Mid, and 2 more that I don't have the boxs for anymore. So I guess they are my favorite brand for my duck feet.:D

13. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

I have a few pairs of Keens, and have worn out a couple others
    current:
    black Ventura
    brown Voyageur
    grey / orange Marshall WP boots
    black Bronx
    Newport sandals
    brown Austin

past:
    voyageur - grey
    voyageur - mossy colour

14. Magic8ball

Magic8ball Loaded Pockets

I've loved my newport h2's. Picked them up for a screaming deal at nordstrom rack years ago. After I realized how much I loved those, I picked up a pair of black clogs (I hate laces). Recently bought some california's.....I'm in love with them, laces and all. But in an effort to get rid of laces and add some steel toes to the mix I have some dallas wellingtons on order. I just wish keen would do gortex and internal metatarsal protection....hint hint

15. Crash_Fistfight

Crash_Fistfight Loaded Pockets

Yes. Yes I am very much a fan of Keen boots.

vegassprky and T.H.Cone like this.
  16. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Would you say you are quite keen on them?:D

LOL, I saw what you did.

powerring, hal_chase and vegassprky like this.
  17. Crash_Fistfight

Crash_Fistfight Loaded Pockets

Yes, yes I am. A fan of Keen boots, also other things.

vegassprky and T.H.Cone like this.
  18. mich3210

mich3210 Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of hiking boots that I love. Actually I just blew out a seam in them and it's time to replace them. I've done 3 backpacking trips in them, one of which was 52 miles in 3 days. I had a pair of Merrils that I got tons of blisters in. Not a problem with the Keens.

vegassprky likes this.
  19. wave180

wave180 Loaded Pockets

I have 3 pairs: Targhee II, Gypsum and Ambler.

20. soul777toast

soul777toast Loaded Pockets

Big Keen fan here as well! My first pair of Keen work boots were the Detroit Low steel toes, and man I couldn't have been happier! I put those boots through some serious daily abuse, and they lasted for about 5 years as my everyday all around boot. Used them on the job, for yard work at home, as hikers, basically if I wasn't wearing sandals or dress shoes then the Keen's were on my feet (my sandals are Keens too!). I still have them and keep em around for those especially dirty jobs that I don't want to put my NEW Keen boots through; about 3 months ago I retired the Detroits from daily wear and got a pair of Braddock Mid steel toes, and so far I'm absolutely loving them!

These are a bit of a step up from the Detroits, built in the USA with noticeably better materials. The quality of these boots is evident every time I put them on, they just feel solid on my feet in a way that no other work boot has, while remaining supremely comfortable and not feeling like I'm wearing cement blocks for boots. They have the KeenDry waterproofing (lets heat/sweat escape but keeps water out), and I can personally attest to how well it works- in the 3 months I've had them, I've been ankle deep in New England freezing slush and water more times than I'd like to remember, and every time I came out bone dry and warm. The tread is oil and slip resistant, and again I can attest to it's effectiveness. All around these boots just give me a sense of confidence, every time I put them on I know that my feet are well taken care of, AND they don't have to compromise comfort to do it!

The only other thing I would have liked to try when I was looking for new boots is a pair with the composite safety toe, I couldn't find a single pair in any of the stores within 50 miles of me. I used to have a pair of boots with composite toes (not keens) and the drop in weight was astounding! If anyone else here has a pair of Keen composite toe boots, would you mind sharing your experience with them? I was looking mainly at the Lexingtons or the Rainiers, would love to know whether there's a noticeable drop in weight from the steel toes!

In any case, I'm very happy with my new Braddocks, I seriously can't recommend them enough for anyone who needs a decent pair of steel toe work boots!

vegassprky likes this.