1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Are mini/keychain multitools useful?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Timothy Sutton, Jun 29, 2015.

1. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

I've never had one on my keychain because keychains are the bane of my existence; the smaller I can get away with the better. But, I've carried either a leatherman PS or a Vic rally for the past year a lot of the time.

I think the rally is the better tool because it has a Phillips head. I carry the PS more because it doesn't have a blade, and I don't have to worry about remembering I have it if I have to go through a metal detector.

There is no multitool that I actually really like. So, I've ended up with a small organizer pouch with miniature tools that I think works better. It's not as convenient, but it actually seems worth the weight to me, which nothing else really has. I still need to find little scissors and a small pair of pliers for it, but I'll be happier when it's done.

2. classicrock

classicrock Loaded Pockets

Yes they are. I've used keychain tools like the Vic Manager for years. I love them. Small in size, functional and do not look intimidating in an office environment.

[​IMG]

3. Getahl

Getahl Loaded Pockets

I love the smaller tools, especially the Vic offerings. The Classic is my favorite pen knife, bar none. I also recently picked up an Alox MiniChamp,, which I dig, and a Style PS, which is kinda useful, but mainly because I wanted a smaller pair of pliers to put in my hiking pack for smaller repairs, gripping needles and such.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4. Sirius

Sirius Loaded Pockets

I find keychain sized tools great in places where knives and MT's are considered "lethal evil objects".

Timothy Sutton likes this.
  5. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I belt carry a Swisstool 24/7 and probably use the attachments on that the most but sometimes the pliers are too big for some jobs so yes, a mini key chain PS4 etc does come in handy.

6. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

I have been using a Micra just about every day for almost 20 years. Sometimes I switch it out with a P4 for the pliers when I'm carrying a SAK. I'm not a fan of tiny scissors like on the Squirt PS4 or Classic, although they can be better than nothing. Micra and 91 mm class SAK scissors are the smallest I find normally useful. SAK scissors are better, but the Micra's are good enough. I wish Vic made something comparable to the Micra or Style CS, but until then, the Micra will do. I'm in no hurry :smile_coffee: .

7. leigh_ratcliffe

leigh_ratcliffe Loaded Pockets

Squirt P4, Alox minichamp, Fenix E01, Peanut lighter carried as a seperate keyring. I find them useful for discreet carry which is a major consideration in the U.K. I also E.D.C. a Victorinox Bantam so as to have a slightly larger blade and can opener. Something mini tools lack.

8. barrett50

barrett50 Loaded Pockets

I carry either a leatherman squirt ps4 or half of a micra (modded) on my keychain, I don't carry any knives due to the laws here.
    Basically my keychain is my only carry, although I do have a card tool in my wallet.

9. Ralys

Ralys Loaded Pockets

Leatherman style CS...never used the blade, but the file/flathead driver and the scissors are indispensable to me.

I never carry a full size multitool, though.

Ben Rubinstein and ran23 like this.