1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Are all space pen cartridges this crappy, or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Random Dan, Nov 22, 2013.

1. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

I tried out a couple of the space refills in my Zebra 701 pens a couple years ago, and I pretty much hated them.
    I found that they would glob, the ink felt, sticky, and took too long to dry.

Didnt know they had a fine point version though. I do like a fine point, I typically use the stock 0.7mm Zebra 701 pens, but I have found that they can have issues not writing at times, like there are air pockets in the ink.
    As far as writing, and good ink feel, I have found nothing that beats your popular typical BIC pen.
    But most all out there are mediums, I have on order some BIC ones I found that are fine 0.8mm to try out.

marcclarke likes this.
  2. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Just to collaborate what everyone else is saying - it's a mixed bag. My pen came with a medium refill that was awesome, but the subsequent medium refills glob up badly and the second one started leaking! I'm currently using a fine point that lays down a beautiful, even line and never globs.

3. MikeFromGermany

MikeFromGermany Loaded Pockets

The company "Diplomat" makes refills which are the same size and have the same technology inside. They are called "Diplomat Spacetec". I don't know if they are available everywhere but you can get them at least here in Germany.
    I tried one of them because I really dislike the Fisher ones, too.

In my opinion they don't need as much force as an original Fisher refill to write with them.
    And mine hasn't leaked so far.

4. OreoGaborio

OreoGaborio Loaded Pockets

Hrm... i've only had one space pen (lost it after 6 months... I miss it... wanna buy another but may go w/ a less expensive parker) but I never had any issues other than it being a little scratchy at first, but it seemed to break in a little? or maybe I just got used to it. I believe it was fine point.