1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Arc'teryx Blade 20

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by BeantownJ, Jan 3, 2016.

1. BeantownJ

BeantownJ Loaded Pockets

Hi all,

I have owned close to every nice pack out there (TAD, MR, Kifaru, GoRuck, Tom BIhn, Mission Workshop, Vertx, the Evade and many many more) and like many of us, I am still looking for the "perfect" pack. After much trial and error, I need a work EDC that isn't overtly tactical, has a frame sheet of some kind, between 20L and 26L, has a dedicated laptop pocket that preferably can also hold a tablet and folders, preferably < 3 pounds, something that rides high on the back and comes in either black or grey.

In looking at the Arc'teryx Blade 20, it look like it checks all the boxes (although the fact that it has no sternum strap isn't great). I am wondering if anyone has an experience with this pack and can speak to its comfort. There are several versions with the newest being the 20. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ManVsLawn likes this.
  2. STEVEALLEN3312

STEVEALLEN3312 Empty Pockets

I am a huge Arcteryx junkie. If you look in my house , you would think that it was an Arcteryx store. I have yet to be disappointed with anything from them yet. I have used their mountaineering , and Leaf products, all of it is bomb proof

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. BeantownJ

BeantownJ Loaded Pockets

Thank you - I have been very happy with anyArcteryx gear I have purchased also. Do you have any experience specific to the Blade 20?

4. rcw357

rcw357 Loaded Pockets

I thought I responded to this the other day. I can honestly say that the pack that I liked the least that I own or have owned is my Blade 30. It has the worst shoulder straps of any pack I have used. The 30 liters is the smallest 30L pack I have owned. I actually honestly hate it.

5. Medic1

Medic1 Loaded Pockets

I used a blade 20 for art sketching supplies. Great pack but for comfort don't overload it.

6. BeantownJ

BeantownJ Loaded Pockets

Thanks. Do you have the newer Blade 20? Does it ride well and fairly high on the back? It would be a work EDC so I figure about 10-15 pounds (laptop, iPad, SS Water Bottle, chargers, pens, EDC stuff and an extra t-shirt.