1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Arc AAA

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by nicknwong, Sep 1, 2007.

1. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

An Arc is a light you buy when you don't want to worry about lights. It's on my keychain right now, and it stays there. No matter where I go, I have light. It's not the best for everyone, but what light is? I like it because I know it will work every time, and if it accidentally gets destroyed in a large piece of machinery, Peter will replace it for free.

2. HoopleHead

HoopleHead Banned

lol, word!

3. Russ

Russ Empty Pockets

The Peak Matterhorn Ultra is also a single AAA LED similar to the Arc AAA. I EDC a Matterhorn and it's never failed. Excellent 1xAAA light.

4. John Frederick

John Frederick Loaded Pockets

Why do I find myself trying to justify getting the new GS? I've got the CS and I doubt that my eyes will really be able to tell a big difference between them. I'm eagerly awaiting beam shots but I still think I'd be crazy to drop $50 for a few more lumens.

5. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

The GS should be noticeably brighter than the CS. At lower levels, doubling the output is more effective.

6. John Frederick

You're not helping :p

7. Omega Man
    • In Omnia Paratus

Omega Man Loaded Pockets

I've also got a Matterhorn UP, I let it soak in Greased Lightning to take the adonizing off, now it's bare aluminum and I like it that way. The only problem is the words "Peak Matterhorn" on the barrel is translucent now. Duh!

8. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

Who says I'm here to help... :evilgrin:

9. John Frederick

I'm starting to wonder which version I have. The body is marked ARC-P. I thought it had a CS but now I'm thinking it may be the DS. Anyone know how to tell for sure?

10. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

If you bought directly from ARC, and can retrieve your original order number, you can go to their website, click "Check My Order Status" (upper-right of page), then enter order number and zip code. If you have the DS-version, it will show as such. If not, will just show "ARC AAA Premium," meaning the CS-version. I have one of each and looked up my orders a few weeks ago — thanks to Gmail's huge storage, still had my confirmation e-mails containing order numbers.

I recently got my DS version first of '08. Since the GS represents a modest increase in lumens over the DS (from 9 to 10.5 lumens), likely not discernible to my eyes, and no increase in runtime, I won't be getting one unless I lose/give away one of mine. I will say that I could see the increase from CS to DS (5.5 to 9 lumens). Still not bright by today's Cree standards, but I share others' sentiment. My first one has survived nearly unscathed on my keychain for 2-1/2 years, gets used quite a bit (for short durations) and is on the second lithium battery, and it serves 90% of my day-to-day flashlight needs.

I've got a half-dozen Fenix lights, including the latest and greatest AAA — they're good lights and obviously put out more lumens than the ARC. But I think the ARC's build quality is superior — especially the body/anodizing. It takes a lot to survive the rough and tumble existence on my keychain. So for the foreseeable future, it will remain my keychain light of choice.

11. HoopleHead

HoopleHead Banned

recently upgraded my Arcs. my EDC'd DS replaced my camo in my PSK. and the new GS replaces the DS as my EDC (lower profile alternative to the nautilus). the GS is not noticeably brighter, except the hotspot is oval (like double the size, 2 regular hotspots side by side) and its a bit whiter in tint.

12. Gears

Gears Empty Pockets

I really want an Arc AAA for a basic EDC, but I can't find one that'll ship to Canada (for a reasonable rate), or that is available in Canada? I emailed Arc and they replied that Arc has a reseller who sells through ebay.ca?
    but then wouldn't provide the name of said seller? :confused: not too helpful..
    Anyways, I am pretty good at finding stuff online but this flashlight seems to be elusive for me, if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.
    From what's been posted here it seems like a "classic" edc item and one that I would possibly get years of use out of.
    Cheers,
    G.E. :cheers:

13. chibato

chibato Empty Pockets

Not sure if you are looking for the new GS, or would settle for an earlier edition? If you are ok with a DS led, you might post in the wanted to buy section on candlepowerforums.com. Sounds like there is not much difference in the brightness, but most flashaholics always want a reason to get a new light and may be willing to part with their older version and ship it to Canada. Just an option.

14. Gears

Gears Empty Pockets

Yeah just looking for basic version (CS I guess), black or green or camo?... maybe I'll post in BST here, just need to transfer some fundage into paypal ... Thanks for the advice
    G.E.

15. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

I was about to recommend you try TAD Gear (www.tadgear.com) since they sell the ARC AAA and they ship outside the US. But I just checked their rates for international shipping. Wow! It looks like they'll only ship international via trackable UPS Worldwide Express at a cost of $39. That's nearly as much as the light itself costs. In fairness, they say it's necessary because of the disproportionate incidents of fraud from international orders.

16. Gabrielnotchear

Gabrielnotchear Empty Pockets

I would recommend what others have - place a WTB over on candlepower. Someone will take care of you fairly quick, I would bet - maybe even get you a good deal in the long run.

17. nicknwong

nicknwong Loaded Pockets

Actually I just placed my order yesterday and the shipping options were UPS 2 day express registered for a whopping $108 but for UPS priority and another one was $36 and $28. And seeing that I am in Aus Im sure it will be even cheaper for Canada.

18. conquer88

conquer88 Loaded Pockets

does anyone have idea where i can buy arc aaa flashlight?

Thanxx

19. conquer88

conquer88 Loaded Pockets

philippine outlet

20. Willieboy

Willieboy Loaded Pockets

Here's mine. It's the GS and a nice little light.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/WhiteWillie/Arc-P.jpg[/img]