1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Apple's new product line-up, questions

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Locomoco, Nov 3, 2016.

1. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

Apple should have coordinated the products so an adapter is not needed. The iphone 7 cable could have been redesigned to work without buying a $20 adapter. A reddit post showed 7 adapters in use to connect his new Apple products while mocking the non existent Apple airpods.

2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I work with Audio/Video and the HDMI connectors are some of the worst that I have ever seen but I have little choice but to accept them.

The Manufacturers do not care what we want or think.

They call it "Progress".

3. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

Cook is turning into a disaster as a CEO. Apple is becoming like Microsoft.

4. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

This was likely inevitable as stockholders clamor for better returns each succeeding quarter.:rolleyes_revamped:

5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Adding another voice in support of buying refurb machines from the Apple Store. I've done it twice now with great results.

There was/is actually nothing functionally wrong with my last machine -- a 15" MacBook Pro (I've had it a couple of years; came off the line in mid 2010); EXCEPT that when I tried to upgrade to El Capitan the video hardware kept crashing. And I'm fed up with too many websites which no longer will run my Safari circa Snow Leopard days... :mad:. So I'm now on a 13" MacBook Pro circa late 2015. A few things I've got to get used to due to the new macOS Sierra; but other than that a painless transition.

Glad I pulled the trigger when I did. Gives me a way of avoiding the USB-C issues for the foreseeable future!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

WillAdams likes this.
  6. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

I doubt i'll be buying any more apple products, I am done after this macbook air dies.

7. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Why?

8. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

You have to love apple people. You can sell them anything and 90% of them would be better off with a cheeper, faster and more usable windows based system.
    Easiest people on the planet :)

-=The Matter is Void=-

9. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nice
    Stereotyping And condescension in the same post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

Accurate tho. Many years of retail experience to back it up. Its not personal, it just is. Used to make hitting targets easy

-=The Matter is Void=-

11. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

Apple is definitely chasing the quarterly number and abandoned the concept that their products just work together with all the required adapters.

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I wish I could comprehend what you are talking about?

The iPhone uses a simple usb-c to Lightning cable or adapter just like every other phone that you want to connect to a computer if not using wireless.

I am tired too of having to buy new adapters but it just is what happens with progress.

If you merely look at the thickness of the newer machines and then explain to me how they would use a connector that is thicker than the machine is then maybe this ranting would make some sense,maybe not?

13. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I am not happy about the 11" air being killed off (except for the US education market)
    A lot of our clients aren't too happy either (IT isn't really my area though)

To be honest, i no longer need an ultraportable laptop with a stack of grunt, but i would have liked to replace my current 11" air with a newer faster one. I suppose i will keep using this one till it dies.

the switch to USB-C doesn't really worry me - I already need a bunch of cables, a cardreader etc - i did see an adapter the other day that plugged in and had a USB-C, SD and USB3 ports - that would actually reduce the number of cables i need to carry.

as for the windows Vs mac thing - I prefer the Mac OS - to me it is easier to work with (i haven't used windows 10 though)

14. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

15. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Not exactly what?
    Not everyone will need the same adapter or cable obviously so you get the one that you need,or go fully wireless which is the idea they prefer.
    I also prefer wired and it is worth it to me to have the cables and adapters that I need.
    If not for you then don't buy them but they do work just fine with the correct parts just like every other phone/computer combination.

I also think the headphone jack removal is a stupid move even though a $9 adapter will let you connect them again if you need to,and I do!

Not even remotely aggravating enough for me to make the iPhone a reject in my life.

YM clearly MV.

16. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

well i've used macs for year and had an iphone as well, so i was pretty much tied in to their ecosystem. However it feels to me as your average consumer that apple hasn't had the interest of users any more. Its not about how can we make everything work but rather how much blood can we squeeze from stone. The price increases and the dongles are just a first step to see how far they can squeeze.

i think for my next computer, i will have to try one of those cheaper google laptops.

17. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

I have been an Apple user since 2007 when I bought a Mac Mini to manage my photo collection. Since then I have seen the end CD drives, the introduction of Thunderbolt, Lightning, and USB-C. Every time there has been a chorus of moans, groans, and "end of Apple" stories. I understand the frustration of change, but I can see the advances that each brings. Apple could have made the change easier by introducing a model with a mixture of USB-C and legacy ports - I wish they had - but is that really enough to justify switching to Windows? Not in my view, and a 13" MBP with touch-bar is on order.

Four of these (https://www.nonda.co/products/usb-c-to-usb-3-0-mini-adapter) will handle my dongle needs.

Last edited by T Shrapnel-Carruthers, Nov 19, 2016
    TKC likes this.