1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

AOL users and SBC users, you might not be getting forum emails.

Discussion in 'MEMBER RULES, GUIDELINES & ANNOUNCEMENTS' started by JonSidneyB, Aug 2, 2010.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

It seems that AOL users and SBC users might not be getting notifications from the forum.

I tried something that was suggested to me but a members but still had trouble. My hosting company said we got on their blacklists. The problem started after the forum move and there were thousands of password resets in a very sort period of time.

I think a forum member put me on the right track on this and I am going to try and follow up on it. AOL is hard to talk to unless you are a customer of their.

Until I get this fixed AOL users and SBC users might not see any email replies.

I will try and get this corrected somehow.

2. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I am on AOL 9.5 USA. no problems. we have emailed before.

3. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

? Hmmmm,

This is interesting. You are getting messages from PM notifications and everything?

I would wonder if it was just affecting password resets and new members notifications. We are not seeing any new AOL members getting the automated email response and the password resets problems have all been AOL and SBC. The problem with that thinking is they are all using the same mail account right now. This is odd and will not match up with anything suggested.

I better go and see if I can get some other opinions from some IT guys.

4. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

actually it is AOL on Charter Comm.

5. WARFIST

WARFIST Banned

im with the rest of the aol user's i dont get any notifications what so ever but i could care less as im on here quite frequently....and jon i agree aol is very hard to deal wih if your not on there billing list! if you get it fixed cool if you dont it dont bother me a bit...

6. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

ATT/SBC user in Okla., no problems that I know of

7. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

I use an AOL email address with SBC DSL and I used to receive PM's back on the old forums but later on(even during the old forum) I all of a sudden stopped receiving emails.

So it wasn't just the switch over for me, it was doing it before the switch.

I liked the convenience of receiving the emails but I got used to not having them come in.

8. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Well it seems that some AOL users and Some SBC users do not get emails from the server. Going to do some questioning to see why that could be happening.

9. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I just did a password reset for another SBC users that told me they could not get emails. The host says we are blacklisted but other SBC users can get the emails. This is odd.

10. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Any IT gurus have any idea what could be going on? I am stumped and everyone I ask is stumped.

11. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

OK, I didn't read this thread right. I was thinking of the pms. I am on a Toyota Surf forum and email notifications have stopped on it before I switched to v 9.5. Actually this old guy does not recall emails.

12. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

P35 said he got emails. I need to check with him and clarify.

Ran23,

Do you have it set to get an email notification when anyone PM's you? If you do you should get an email telling you you got a PM. I actually think you wont.

13. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Yes, it is marked to recieve, but thru Control Panel only. I'll change that.