1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

AOL and SBC Help

Discussion in 'MEMBER RULES, GUIDELINES & ANNOUNCEMENTS' started by JonSidneyB, Aug 8, 2010.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I did get told my someone that it is possible to get re-white listed.

If the information I am given is correct I can't get it done but you guys might. I have tried calling AOL but they only like to talk to customers. I was told that if AOL users tell them we really are not a span site that we can get white listed. We only mail to members.

I don't know about SBC but I am assuming the same thing.

2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

3. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Bring this back to the top. Need help so that AOL users can have a easier time out here.

4. jflook

jflook Loaded Pockets

From my experience in email administration when AOL blacklists you it's usually only for 24 hours or until you go below a certain threshold of complaints which depends on what your email volume to their domain is. Unfortunately this is usually caused by an AOL member hitting the "SPAM" button instead of delete or unsubscribing. I know we sadly weren't able to be re-white-listed we had to just wait our time like everyone else did. If you need someone to talk to you can always try to contact their postmaster ( http://postmaster.aol.com/Postmaster.TroubleSend2Member.php ). One additional thing to check is to make sure that the mail server you're sending from isn't an open relay which can be done here: ( http://www.checkor.com/ ). If your mail server is an open relay then anyone can use it to spam from which isn't good.

I also don't know about SBC either, but the chances are good that if you're on one list then there are more repercussions that you're just not seeing yet.

5. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Thanks, We are not an open relay. By the way you are saying AOL does this we should not be on their list then.

I need to keep digging to see what is going on.

6. jflook

jflook Loaded Pockets

Are you still having issues? If so do you have a shared server or a dedicated server that you can remotely control? If it's a dedicated server then there are certain commands that you can run from a telnet session to identify the issue with delivering email to AOL.

7. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I am on a dedicated server. We are on their blacklist and have never fallen off. I am going down the list to see why.

I found a blacklist site and checked 70 services. We came back good on 69 of 70 blacklists.