1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anything similar to TAD's stealth hoodie?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by marvin, Oct 1, 2007.

1. marvin

marvin Empty Pockets

I would really like to get my hand's on one but the production runs seem short and from what I've read they sell out super fast. Anything else on the market that's built roughly the same? Comparable material, multiple pockets, etc?

2. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

Not that I've seen, although xterra has some high tech stuff...I think it's more pricey though....

Look in the BST thread....there was one for sale a while back...a large for $150!! you may have to go back a few pages to find it...maybe it's still available....
    I would have bought it, but I already have 2 stealth hoodies....a 3rd would = divorce ;-)

good luck!

3. morlock

morlock Empty Pockets

might want to check out beyond. great gear, and custom configs

4. marvin

marvin Empty Pockets

Wow, thanks for the links Ronin. Some good looking stuff there, just what I was looking for.

5. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

May I suggest that you look at BeyondFleece.com? I have one of their Men's Cold Blooded jackets, and it is AWESOME!! You get a fantastic jacket that is custom fit to you!
    http://beyondclothing.com/

6. SdPunk

SdPunk Empty Pockets

OK, how about a fleece that is under $100.00. Has anyone fond anything in that price range?

7. Daveo

Daveo Empty Pockets

Although they're not windproof, the ECWCS fleeces from Cabelas are awesome and around $70.

8. dinoadventures

dinoadventures Empty Pockets

MEC has a similar hoodie, I believe, but the closest I've seen is the Beyond Fleece stuff which, with sufficient funds, you can configure for borderline obscene amounts of storage. If I still lived in cooler climes (instead of TX) I'd have one made to replace photo vests and things of that nature that I occasionally use.

9. sduff

sduff Empty Pockets

I'm a big fan of the TAD gear stuff. I'm addicted to softshells and I can say that there is nothing that compares to the same level. I have other softshells that are nice and that I wear and like as well, but TAD is always the best for me. You could look into Columbia's platinum series, they make a nice softshell but doesn't have as many pockets and the one that I have has no hood. And the 5.11 one is nice, but again no hood, and sized a bit large. The plus side of the 5.11 one is that there are alot of pockets and it even has the new duck pocket that TAD has been putting on jackets lately.

10. Deanster

Deanster Loaded Pockets

Costco has actually been selling a very nice softshell that's remarkably similar to the TADgear jacket. Not the pockets on the arms, or hood, but similar fabric, cut, and warmth/breathability. and it's $29!!!

Not a perfect match, and I LOVE my Stealth Hoodie, but for 15% of the price, the Costco softshell is an amazing find.

11. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

Well, to be honest, the only thing special about the Tadgear hoodie are the pockets and the hoodie. Otherwise, it's a softshell just like most outerwear companies make nowadays.

12. SdPunk

SdPunk Empty Pockets

I just looked at it. I like it, the only problem is they have the one color...gray. Thanks for the tip. Worst case scenario, me might have to have one. LOL!!!

13. Ronin Six

Ronin Six Empty Pockets

The Costco around here has them in Black, Dark Brown, and Tan under the name Black Diamond. The one in Grey was under the name of Kenneth Cole I think, which is just a few bucks more.

With any of these soft shells, does anyone know if one brand makes one with a double front zipper? I like to unzip the bottom few inches on the jacket when I sit down to drive.

14. SdPunk

SdPunk Empty Pockets

I've looked at the Eddie Bauer and Columbias, not bad.

15. brix

brix Loaded Pockets

Sold my TAD Stealth hoodie and bought a Columbia softshell. Not as thick, but it is warm and keeps the rain off. It also packs a lot better than the stealth hoodie. Not bad for $40.

16. gregsky

gregsky Empty Pockets

After reading this post I went to Costco and got the black diamond jacket. They also had a heavier coat for $40 that was nice and has a lot of pockets in it. I got both and will try them out as its starting to get pretty cold in Michigan. I also got a pair of snowboarding gloves for $14 that feel pretty warm and have pockets on them.

17. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

Sounds like a great deal. You'll have to let us know how all of these items work out. I haven't been to Costco yet but I am hoping to buy a soft shell. I'll have to look at the heavier jacket as well.

18. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

I have one of the cosco softshells...I think mine was $40 or so....it is NOTHING like a TAD stealth hoodie....not even close...

No chest pockets, no sleeve pockets, no rear pockets, nowhere for velcro backed patches, not waterproof, no hood, no internal MP3 headfone wire routing, no drawstrings in waiste or neck...no velcro adjusters on sleeves.....no mesh lining....

19. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I LOVE my BeyondFleece.com Cold Blooded jacket. It is my favorite jacket!!