1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone's wife think you're a little nuts???

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by jellyroll, Mar 19, 2011.

1. AcesQ

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

LOL! Didn't the guests that were present mention anything about your knife? :D

2. Revi138

Revi138 Loaded Pockets

My wife thinks I'm nuts ANYWAY. She's grown accustomed to me EDC gear, though, and knows I've normally got something on me when she needs a tool or light.

She refers to edcforums.com and heinnie.com as my "pouch :censored:" sites. Bless her. Still, better to make a joke of it and continue her training!

3. Buckethead1903

Buckethead1903 Loaded Pockets

Yeah my wife thinks I'm crazy too. However, it is heavily tempered by the fact she is an EMT & works for a police dept. She understands that people are not always well behaved and some situations are just a big poo sandwich. She "gets it" when it comes to being prepared....the debate we have is "how prepared" is enough.

4. jwrickma24

jwrickma24 Empty Pockets

my wife looks at me weird because form time to time i like to pull out most of the knives i have and inspect them and clean them.... and god forbid i do this when anyone is on their way over i have to put everything away haha

5. Sparkey

Sparkey Loaded Pockets

Mine calls my EDC bag my TUAP: Tactical Urban Assault Purse.

She refers to knife catalogs as knife :censored: and jokes I have more "purses" than she does. (Not true. She has one more than I do.;))

She is coming around though, she has started carrying a (pink) SAK Spartan and flashlight in HER purse. :)

6. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Tiny Magnetic Cube

In answer to TARFU's question:

K&J Magnetics!
    Part # B444-1....and they cost .44 (cents) each. :dance:

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=B444-1

Strong little rascals.
    :laugh:

But I was mistaken on the size...:brickwall:...they're only 1/4" square,instead of 3/8",with a 1/16th-inch hole thru the center.

Hope this helps,

~Gnarly

7. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Must have been on sale...now they're .71 each!
    Sorry!
    ~Gnarly

8. cyk

cyk Loaded Pockets

My OH used to think I was crazy untill we travled to a hockey game half way through Germany in Winter and on the way back got stuck in a snowstorm police told us over the Lokal Radiostation Red Cross was coming but it could be some time,by the time they came we were all nice and warm had a cup of coco and and some of the drivers around us were too.Can still remember one fam. in a Car with 2 kids,it`s nice to see kids smile when you give them a blanket,coco and a sweet.

9. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

I have to say my better half embraces my passion for preparedness. She carries a remora clone sling pack full of essential goodies, which is a junior size version of my own EDC pack. Recently just after we purchased a new vehicle she asked me, " You are going to assemble a truck kit for ME, right?"
    She is truly an EDC godess.

10. Ripcode

Ripcode Loaded Pockets

I'm lucky... my wife has the prepardedness gene already! I'm currectly setting up BOBs for both of us. ;D

11. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Are you kidding??? Everyone's wife thinks I'm a little nuts!!!

12. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

On Friday my wife gave me grief about buying a bandanna, She asked why I needed it, and i responded with it will come in handy some time. On Saturday we were at a kids B-day party and a game of "pin the tail on the donkey" came up. The mom asked if anyone hand something for a blind fold. I whip out my new bandanna to witch my wife groaned, and I smiled

13. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

14. keith6

keith6 Loaded Pockets

My wife was somewhat the same at first. Like most topics you want to deliver to a female giving it to them over some time seems to allow them to process it all and ultimately come to see your points. She is now finally on board with the whole food topic which I am happy about as we have long ago gotten thru the basic BOB and firearm needs. Just gotta keep moving them along.