1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone watching Human Target?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Rawls, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

The plot and characters are frisbee deep, but the action is decent and the stunts are mind blowing, especially when you consider it is TV. There is also a good deal of improvisation, a la McGuyver, such as a few weeks ago when the main character revived a guy using a pair of electrical cables as a defibrilator. I don't even know if that is possible, but it looked cool. Last night's episode had the main character in a fist fight (well choreographed) in a helicopter with both doors open. Pretty friggin awesome. Pure popcorn entertainment, but very good popcorn, maybe even kettle corn good. Also, the thief character, played by Janet Montgomery, is a total babe.

Any other watchers?

2. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

season 1 just started over here few weeks ago.. i was also suprised of the amount of stuntwork they have.. and the quality of it (the fight scenes etc seem to be very good for tv) i think we are in week 4 or 5 now (last week was the gang of thieves attacking the monastery)

too bad they are bringing an "hot babe" to the plots again (cliche! gotta have an old/new flame that causes tension of sexual kind) i kinda liked the first episodes where there was just the old "knight rider" unknown girl in trouble theme. not an recurring hottie role. just a dude working with couple odd an non handsome friends to get the job done. :)

one thing i hated.. just one of my pet peeves of all movies and tv shows.. (episode where the target was in speeding train) the guy wears a bulletproof vest, gets shot, and gets away from the threat, but knows the bad guy is still there to get him. and then he shows the damsel in distress that "yeah i was wearing a bp vest" and then proceeds to take it off! WHY? like now that the vest has saved his life once it is totally useless. the BG is not going to try to kill you again.. shoot you again or stab you? -i get it if one takes it off for a while to see if there are damages.. but come on! put it back on. if not on yourself, on the girl you try to save!

and in the episode the vest has the bullets shot in the back side (even if those plates would be mostly useless (they are still better than none) you still have your front plates protecting you) and there they go.. into a fight with BG again.. knife fight and fist fight.. and he suffers few hard punches to his guts (the vest might of helped absorb them eh??) but no.. a bullet proof vest is disposable item in tv and movies.. hero might use it only once to get shot and live to tell about it and then remove it and throw it away like it is completely worhtless after it.. and go after the bad guys again.. now with no armour.. ARRGHH!

3. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

I love that show.
    The second season did a lot to give the show a little depth. Added two characters, rewrote one almost entirely. At least they are trying for some charfacter developement now.

Like you said, really really good popcorn, like its comic book roots.

Sent from my A854

4. fshram76

fshram76 Loaded Pockets

I love the show and am glad it made it to a second season. I do like the mix of characters and the cute Ames is never a bad thing to see.

5. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Loaded Pockets

Yeah I love it too. I'm also a huge comic fan....

6. rdrogers

rdrogers Loaded Pockets

Second season is MUCH better. Entertaining show.

7. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

Love the show. Don't always catch it, but a buddy records it so I watch it when I go visit. Loved the first episode of the second season when Ames was tied up by Guerrero, that was a look of sheer terror.

8. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

Entertaining show, my wife actually enjoys watching it too. Much better than that housewives garbage she makes me sit through.

9. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

I really enjoy it. I think Guerroro makes the show.

10. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

First show in quite some time that impressed me. Just can't enjoy season 2 as much as the first. Feels like they tried changing a concept what worked just fine as it was. Guerrero is one of the best TV characters out there. Ilsa Pucci bugs me. And Ames even more.

11. ObiHann

ObiHann Loaded Pockets

great show and Chi McBride is an amazing actor. I've seen him at multiple panels at Comic COn last year, very funny man.

12. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I LOVE Human Target!!

13. Wstan

Wstan Loaded Pockets

The fight choreography is sometimes nice, but I agree that the Ames character is too poorly written and should die soon.

14. bushidomosquito

bushidomosquito Removed from forum.

I'm hooked. I find it a suitable replacement for 24. The Gurrero guy looks like somebody I'd like to be when I grow up. "Dude, I don't sign anything".

15. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

FYI...Fox just canned the series

I actually liked this series....Bummer

16. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

Great- so few good shows and they mostly get cancelled. Annoying.

17. VT-aroo

VT-aroo Loaded Pockets

that is what I said. " dude! don't take the vest off till you get home or you need to see where you are bleeding from. "

18. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

That stinks! Can wait to see what crummy reality show they replace it with.

19. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

I have a feeling that they are going to have a another spin off of the American Idol-style contest reality show. Something like "So You Think You can Walk". Ugh.

20. Silver Trooper

Silver Trooper Loaded Pockets

That is why I have started watching more USA, FX, Military, Travel and DIY. The cable networks have much better programming than the older networks and will usually stick with a show long enough to give it a chance.