1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone w/ Buck Hartsook and Kydex??

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by MattR, Oct 3, 2007.

1. MattR

MattR Loaded Pockets

Hi folks, just came into a buck hartsook, and was wondering if anybody here had one, and has a aftermarket sheath from either DH on here or On/Scene Tactical? If so, any pros and cons to both? pics would help too. I could instantly tell I didnt like the supplied sheath either. Side note too, is Deaths Head taking a break from sheath making?? I've had a heck of a time getting a hold of him. Thanks,

Matt

2. jymkym1

jymkym1 Loaded Pockets

i have a kydex sheath from DH, it is still working great, nice snug fit, way better than the factory sheath in my opinion..... sorry i dont have a pic of it on hand......

3. MattR

MattR Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the input, I'll keep digging.

Matt

4. MSCantrell

MSCantrell Loaded Pockets

You know DH got banned from EDCF, right? So if you're sending him PM's through the forum, they're not going to arrive. If, on the other hand, you're emailing him.... that I don't know. :shrug:

I could do you a kydex sheath, if you're interested... drop me a line- I'll answer, promise ;)

5. MattR

MattR Loaded Pockets

Oooh, nope, didnt know that. Thats a shame too, looks like he did nice stuff. Thanks for the info.

Matt

Oh and I'll PM ya on the inquiry

6. Angus

Angus Empty Pockets

Ahh, slightly off topic... could you guys tell how thick the blade is? Also, how's the handle, does it fills your hand?

7. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

:welcome: Welcome aboard, Angus.

8. Angus

Angus Empty Pockets

Thank you parnass :)

9. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

I don't have a set of calipers but I would say 1/16th of inch for thickness. The handle fits in the first two fingers of your hand. Despite its small size it fits the hand well (at least my hand). These little knives are very sharp. All the new ones should come with the new sheath, at least our last shipment did.

10. Diesel

Diesel Loaded Pockets

You are correct, measures .062

11. Angus

Angus Empty Pockets

Thanks guys for the info. Last OT question, is the measurement same with the Kaala?

12. Bob Lindell

Bob Lindell Loaded Pockets

What's the "New" sheath? I know there was a design change of sorts upon first issuing the knife. Has there been something else recently? Thanks!

13. BWW

BWW Loaded Pockets

I have a DH Kydex sheath on my Buck Hartsook as well. Can't think of any "cons." The Kydex sheath is far superior to the (old) factory sheath. Better made, simpler and smaller. I haven't seen the new sheath; but, it would have to be much better than the old one to get me to use it over custom Kydex.

14. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I bought my first Hartsook second-hand through EDCF, and it came with a DH sheath. The sheath is very well-made, and though there's a bit of play when the blade is sheathed, it's quite secure. It's head and shoulders above the stock sheath.

15. zerge

zerge Empty Pockets

The new sheath incorporates the same button lock system (or what :shrug: ) as the Buck Mayo Kaala. Which means -at least for me- it is more complicated to draw the knife. And the sheath is even bigger. I think this lock is overkill at such a small size and weight. It seems good form fitting is harder -more expensive- to achieve.

http://outdoors-magazine.com/spip.php?article398 For picture reference.