1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using a Rocketbook?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by phatch, Jun 6, 2020.

1. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

The Rocketbook is a Kickstarter but Sharktank reject product. But it has endured and succeeded.

It's a reusable notebook that in its current iteration uses a coated "paper" to erase with water and a towel as long as you use Frixion inks. They supply an app that will scan your notes for storage or sharing and even OCR your writing (supports printed English only assuming you write clearly enough). There are some automation features for this function too.

Frixion ink dries reasonably quickly and "permanently" short of water on the paper. Or heat too.

Why I'm tempted:

It's compact and light compared to regular notebooks. It has much less paper because you're storing pages digitally and reusing them.

Your content traverses their app but you store where you want such as email, Dropbox, Evernote and such cloud like places. Though it lives on their app too if you leave it.

It's a real writing experience. The paper feel is slick so it's not a true paper experience but is said to be pretty good.

The OCR of my notes into digital domain has a lot of value to me for other uses.

The Jake Reeves YouTube channel has quite a bit of content on them. Dottotech has a few episodes with them too

I'm not loving:

The coil binding. It's more robust than a plain wire coil but still.

Lack of pen choice. I like Pilot pens generally but they're not my favorites.

Plastic. I like plastic for many things and it probably benefits longevity of the covers and coil. It's just not a great feel. Maybe if I put it in a cover.

They do sell a true paper non re-usable notebook. I've seen hacks using a black tape frame to capture from regular notebooks too. But the weight and bulk reduction is part of the appeal for me.

2. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

No, for me it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist & that may be why it failed on Shark Tank. There are already apps to store writing digitally.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Assuming I wanted or needed to digitize my random notes, I don't need anything like this. Already own a flat-bed scanner. For anyone interested, Epson for example has very solid flat bed scanners that retail at around $100... Using this, you can store in innumerable ways with or without the cloud -- and no need to use some basically unknown app from a small party...

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

4. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

If I need to digitize notes sans OCR, ScannerPro on my iPhone then to my Evernote account or captured directly in Evernote..

#4 ballistic, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    echo victor and Moshe ben David like this.