1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

anyone using a Fenix PD20

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by mtwarden, Apr 10, 2010.

1. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

looks like a pretty good bang for your buck single CR123, anyone using one?

2. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I got one and it's my primary light. In fact the only others I have are a Petzl E+lite in my walking/camping kit and a Photon Micro II on my EDC tool ring.

Had this about 4 months now, and it's done everything I need it to. Short nighttime walks down the canal with low beam to make sure one wrong step didn't see me tripping into the drink. Searching in bags, cupboards etc for that illusive something. Higher beams to check out unusual noises at night, and checking water level at the lock/river when floods are a concern. Went camping for 3 days over Easter and used the lantern diffuser attachment suspended from the top of the tent (didn't need the E+Lite). Did have the flip up "flood" diffuser too originally, but quickly lost it and need to get another. Quite useful when walking on uneven ground and map reading.

I don't use the sheath or lanyard, but have attached a small (McGizmo style) clip to the bottom so I can clip in to inner tent, tool ring, ruchsack, belt loop etc.
    Bought a box of 12 CR123's at the same time, but still on original battery.

I'm no flashaholic or lighting guru, but I'd definitely recommend it. If I lost it tomorrow I wouldn't even think about trying other model/makers, I'd go straight back to another of these.

3. kanis mesomelas

kanis mesomelas Loaded Pockets

Got one,

and I'm verry Happy with it.
    once I used it to lit my way while driving my Zundapp. 40 MPH (65 Kmh) on a verry dark road. its a small light with lots of output. (not a smart thing to do though)
    grab one if u can!

4. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

great to hear folks are happy w/ them- looking for a single CR123 light and the PD20 sure looks like a good choice, I have a LD01 and am very impressed w/ the quality and performance of it- will make a nice backup light, but I need something a little bigger (little brighter won't hurt either ;) ) for a primary light

5. jryan06

jryan06 Loaded Pockets

I got a couple of PD20's at a yard sale with a box of CR123's for 20 bucks.....Sweet light. I have one in my truck and EDC one every day as my primary light. Definitely recommend the PD20

6. asolo

asolo Empty Pockets

I've got one and when I say it is my EDC light, I mean it is my EDC light. Everyone around me always knows that I have a light on me. "Jeez, it's so dark in here. Does someone have a....oh wait, Ben has one." People can't believe how bright it is. Batteries last quite a while and it is just a shade larger than a chapstick. Built very well and highly recommended.

7. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

$20 for two lights- very nice :)

^ great to hear- sounds like a wise choice

8. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

It's a solid, reliable, light.

I like mine.

9. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

good deal- looks like it's time to start the hunt >:D

10. theman1903

theman1903 Loaded Pockets

11. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

thanks for all the input- got one on the way ;D

12. ANJARI

ANJARI Loaded Pockets

Greetings from Brazil.

Own as a main light, not out of my pocket. Is very good in low light and extremely strong for maximum light. Recommend it as main light for those who do not want to have a headlight 900 lumens or who can not carry much volume.

Sorry my english.

13. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

nice little light for sure ;D easy to operate, feels good in the hand, very compact and easy to pocket carry- output is almost scary for a light that small!

I went w/ the "old" model as I like the looks a little better and I don't use pocket clips (the new one has a pocket clip)

[​IMG]

14. brix

brix Loaded Pockets

Have the older version too as a back up. Solid design and easy to remember UI.

15. ZoomFlight15

ZoomFlight15 Loaded Pockets

Congrats on the new light!

I used to EDC the prev version of the PD20 (as shown above) and loved it.

I switched over to the Quark 123 recently because i wanted a super low mode, which is probably the only drawback of the PD20. I do miss the PD20's slightly smaller size and better looks.

I'm sure you'll love the PD20!

16. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

Same model as me too! I absolutely love this light.

I would recommend getting the diffusers for it too. Lantern diffuser comes in very hands when camping, or for lighting an area during a power outage. Flip up flood diffuser (mine finally reappeared - woohoo!) is excellent for walking by and takes the dazzle out of map reading etc.

I've started keeping the flood diffuser attached to the light for versatility though it does spoil the lines of the light a tad and can snag in the pocket, but I keep the lantern attachment at home. Several other goodies available for it too including headband, red filter, additional bodies (for running AA's) etc. Superb item!

17. unclevit

unclevit Empty Pockets

I use PD20 with 3.0v Rechargeable CR123a for a year by now. Very good light, with strong blinding-bright output. But not good for tactical purpose. I have tried plenty of lights from my men in my platoon, and EagleTac T100C2 Mark II is great in size, output, runtime, and tactical defense. This T100C2 takes 18650 3.7v Rechargeable too. Does not matter if this 18650 is normal or protected as long as your charger has the cut circuit built in. But my daily, on-mission, light is Olight M20 Warrior with crown bezel. This M20 has helped me to pass several life-threatening missions before, but if I want to switch to second choice, I will carry T100C2 Mark II. I am in the army, so my light needed to be rugged, strong, and perform. Both M20 and T100C2 Mark II can be weapon mounted on my M4 with no shock problem. Hope this helps. Check YouTube's Bangkok Riots and that was the time this M20 was put to use, and helped me out of tight situations.

18. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

I have one as well. I like how small it is, yet how bright it can be. I only wish that the low output was even lower.
    It's been a reliable light for me.

19. Knife Boy

Knife Boy Loaded Pockets

PD20 is an awesome light. I carry one often.

20. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

the want for a lower output is really the only gripe I've read about this light

has anyone put in a forward "clicky"?- evidently they work in the "old" PD20, but not the "new" one