1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using a body camera?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Weko, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

been thinking about getting one, mainly for hiking but also when performing traffic/crowd control duty. Anyone bought or used one?

2. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Using one to video hiking sounds like a seizure waiting to happen for all those watching the footage... For traffic/crowd control i think its a great idea! Emergency services in large cities over here have been carrying go-pro's around for quite a while now, its good to have some evidence in case people gravely misbehave. Do make sure you are aware of laws and regulations that might apply in your area when doing so.

3. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

Are you LEO?
    If yes: Why doesnt your department issue them?
    If no: Why the heck would you be thinking about traffic/crowd control???

4. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Oh i've actually done this loads of times! In my area there's for example a truck rally every year to benefit handicapped kids, the kids get to ride around in a caravan of big rigs from local transport companies. This caravan is usually a couple kilometres long and they drive slow so the kids can wave and honk at the people standing next to the roads waving back at the kids. Trust me when i say you've never seen so many happy faces in a single day until you've done something like that. But more to the point, the police simply doesn't have the manpower to regulate all traffic so they rely heavily on volunteers to assist them. Not a single one of these days have gone by without some impatient, stupid, aggressive person assaulting one of the volunteers verbally or physically (resulting in injury and property destruction) and those people have nearly always gotten away with it because its impossible to find em or make any kind of case. Go-pro's would go a long way in those kind of cases!

5. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

As a volunteer, we get issued uniform shirts, radios, lights and ids. There is a requirement to document. Local LE are just beginning to field cameras for duty. Call outs are often during emergency situations. No rules or regs against use yet and already had issues after cautioning people that they were entering a hazardous area.

6. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

7. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I carry a Go Pro all the time. They are super fun. Most all of the video is for our You Tube channel.

Go Pro nickel and dimes you to death with all their attachments. Get an adapter for it to go on a regular tripod so you can escape their exclusive attachment system.

#7 Mumbojumboo, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  8. Wolfhunt3r

Wolfhunt3r Empty Pockets

I've used GoPro, RevealMedia and Muvi-actioncameras at work. This was before I became a LEO when I worked security at everything from bars to festivals.

The body cameras are extremely usefull in documenting what goes on and in I know at least two of the cases I ended up filming probably would have ended up getting thrown out were it not for the fullHD-material from the cams.

I strongly support worn and vehicle-mounted actioncameras on LEOs.

ran23 likes this.
  9. Senserazer

Senserazer Loaded Pockets

Does the Muvi cameras have sound as well? I'm asking because I am looking for a body camera for security work. It needs to have sound, and have some kind of indication of when it's recording (Red LED or the like).