1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone uses toolbox for anything other than tools ?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by clock, Jul 9, 2015.

1. clock

clock Loaded Pockets

I have used a toolbox for first aid kit
    Another box for extra EDC items
    A third one sits near my desk at home for extra stationery item like staples and mechnical pencil refills ...etc.

A toolbox is great for small items, and the organizer tray is frequently used items or consumables.

Anyone else ?

2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yes

My EDC are all tools for my daily carry use so everything I carry them in is a Toolbox.

Last edited by EZDog, Jul 9, 2015
  3. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I recently picked up some ammo boxes at an Army Surplus store that I am using as "tool" boxes for organization of various things. A couple of examples are...

A 50 caliber box is holding some archaeology fieldwork tools for me and my students (trowels, measures, line levels, string, Sharpies, Munsell, etc., etc.)

A large "fat 50" box is being used to store various gear in the back of my vehicle that I often use or have needed while out at about for various activities (rain poncho, first aid kit, a bundle of paracord, multitools, lighter, canteen/canteen cup, eating utensils, P38 Can Opener, etc., etc.)

And although my wife isn't thrilled about it, I have a few ammo boxes on a shelf in the bedroom being used to store/organize various edc items. Some others in the Man Cave. They are pretty handy.

Last edited by dmattaponi, Jul 9, 2015
  4. Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake Loaded Pockets

Knotwork toolbox, leatherwork toolbox, cord toolbox...

5. Getahl

Getahl Loaded Pockets

I technically have three tool boxes. My main tool box, in the garage, holds tools. I have a smaller Husky brand bag that also holds tools, but I keep it in the house so i don't have to go out to the garage to hang a picture and such. And then I have a big, red plastic tool box that I had growing up. It's probably 24" long, 10" high, and only held a hammer, a square, and a pair of pliers when I was a kid. That was my dad's attempt to impart 'handyman' onto me and my brother. It partially worked.
    Anyways, it now holds my gardening crud. Pruners, gopher traps, gloves, trowel, a 12" machete, a BK9, gopher gassers, twine, some fishing line, some metal stakes, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. My mattock, manual tiller, and loppers sit outside, cuz they don't fit, but everything else is in one place.

6. gbjore

gbjore Loaded Pockets

3 tool boxes full of RC car parts. Some of those count as tools, some... Not. My favorite though is the pistol case I bought for my wife a couple of years ago. She said she had a dream about being annoyed at me for storing my knives in it. Long story short... 2 years later she never did get that pistol and guess where I have a bunch of knives.

7. DEERLORD

DEERLORD Loaded Pockets

I use a small husky two drawer mechanics tool chest to store my actual edc, makes rotation easy, locks, and doesn't look too shabby either.

8. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

When I was little my dad got me a huge folding metal one for all of my lego!

My son will inherit that when he's a bit older, and I've got him a less hurty plastic one for his duplo at the moment :)

9. LongarmoftheLaw

LongarmoftheLaw Loaded Pockets

Ammo boxes are awesome. I actually use mine for storing ammo though lol But obviously not the ammo that was originally in them...

On my old bike I bolted an ammo box to the rear rack for use as a "trunk." lol It was pretty awesome actually, albeit a little bit heavy.

I use a tool box for my gun cleaning stuff.

dmattaponi likes this.