1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

anyone use a lanyard on a multi-tool??

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by marsos52, Apr 12, 2011.

1. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

i never have,, with one exception...a couple times i did that with a gerber when i went fishing..as a just in case i drop it...

no that im sporting my victorinox swiss tool i was checking the the lanyard hole.. seems like a ackward place for it
    and not totally sure the best set-up for it..

i tied a tiny split ring its ok,, i ran a piece of para cord thru it.. seems it will get in the way...

im just putting out a feeler to see and learn what all you multi tool guys do or not do..

thanks

2. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

I've got one on my SAK, since I need it to pull it out of the pouch I got for it. it's a simple loop of gutted 550 style cord, tied through the splitring.
    but my leatherman won't work with a lanyard. while it has a folding loop to attach one, the loop is so big that when it's unfolded, it stops the flap of the supplied sheath from closing. so you have to either use a larger aftermarket sheath, or you go without.

3. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

thanks i never thought about if it would fit in the sheath after i put the small split ring on,, because as of now i been using my maxPdouble sheath and that is on my edc bag..i just tried the stock sheath and it doesnt fit with a 16mm ring.. i will and do want to used the stcok sheath for belt carry..

so back to square one,,,

4. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I use one on my Leatherman Juice S2. I think it makes it much easer to find and get it out of my pocket aids in opening the tool as well. I would definitely a lanyard on my swiss tool spirt if it wasn't in such a awkward spot.

JA

5. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I don't use lanyards on multitools, although I installed split rings to aid in removing the multitool from the holster, especially with cold or wet hands.

[​IMG]

6. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Yes,on my Charge TTi....a safety lanyard that DahlKen designed,then laughingly named after me!It has a built-in adjustable loop.Yes,I loved it,and he made several for me.All are made with reflective or GITD paracord,or both.***

No,on my SOG Power Assist.There is absolutely zero place to attach a lanyard,without getting in the way....much to my dismay.

Because,you see,I've never been accused of being graceful.
    ***And I severely HATE losing stuff.

7. pl4stic

pl4stic Loaded Pockets

I put a short piece of cord on my Vic's. Not enough to put around your wrist, but it aids in pulling it out of my pocket or pack.

8. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

I've got a short length of accesory cord tied to an older Gerber MT, just enough to index it and pull it out of the sheath. I've also got one tied to a Leatherman Micro with a star knot tied on the end to help me find it in my pocket.

9. Prætorian ®

Prætorian ® Loaded Pockets

For the Surge owners, any suggestions on how you managed to add a lanyard or split ring? I'm not convinced that the clip/lanyard ring accessories LM sells is a good investment... tia.

10. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

As you can see, I have a short run of cobra stitched paracord on my LM Juice. It was a pain to get the cord through the lanyard loop, but it makes it much easier to pull the Juice out of the sheath I carry it in. I used to have a longer lanyard on it, but it hangs on the outside of the sheath so a longer lanyard gets in the way more easily. Now that I think about it, adding a lanyard to the Wave would also make it easier to remove it from the sheath on the Maxped Fatboy. Hmmm....

11. mossyoak

mossyoak Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

The length is just right so that the Titanium bead catches the corner of my pocket when the knife is free in my pocket.

12. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

I don't think I have ever put a lanyard on any of my multitools. I played with the idea of putting one o. My LM Juice, but I just never got around to it... I think I might have to resurrect that task soon.

13. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

Where did you get that bead??

14. mossyoak

mossyoak Loaded Pockets

Made it myself.

15. cubegleamer

cubegleamer Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    I use a small one on my daytime EDC. I work in the evening so I carry a better flashlight at night (JetBeam BC10) as well as few more keychain tools.

16. SP120K

SP120K Loaded Pockets

17. thenextarcher

thenextarcher Loaded Pockets

no lanyard here

18. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

maybe a small loop on a SAK, otherwise no

19. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Nope no lanyard on my multitool but I have one on my Quark mini for when it's in my pocket.

20. Charlie B

Charlie B Loaded Pockets

I have one on my Gerber Splice Mini tool