1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone riding a harley or other Non-Japanese chopper etc? whats your ride-edc?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by FinnFreak, Nov 13, 2008.

1. FinnFreak

FinnFreak Empty Pockets

i just wanted to find out is here any guys riding mostly self-customised/built aircooled four-stroker´s?
    and what do u pack with you,when you head out to highways or countryroads etc.

i ride 1240cc harley-davidson "zero" xlch ionhead with completely self made frame.

i tend to overload tool-rolls and backpack when i kickstart it,and i could use some bright,serious ideas/tips to reduce the huge amount of tools and gear.

2. moonshinematt

moonshinematt Empty Pockets

Re: Anyone riding a harley or other Non-Japanese chopper etc? whats ur ride-edc?

H-D Buell 2003!

3. Diesel

Diesel Loaded Pockets

77 BMW R100/7, 79 BMW R100RS

4. turbo chicken

turbo chicken Empty Pockets

Tools... a wrench, and matching socket for every bolt on the bike. Set of allen wrenches, small and med adjustable wrench, pliers, vice grip, screw drivers
    Tail bag ... extra visor for helmet, rain suit, set of thermal undies, glove liners, bottle of water, snack in bar form granola at the moment, oh and extra socks!

my regualr EDC stuff goes in the tail bag while riding... i don't like things in my pocketses when riding so the pen, light, multi tool, cell etc... all go inthe front pocket of the tail bag.

This is my around town back and fourth to work load... if going farther i'd add some other stuff... but not much. ... maybe a tube and some tire tools

man i want to get some saddle bags... to put my stuff in...

i ride a metric bike :poke: :beanie:... the only big difference in gear is going to be the metric tools ...

5. rwdflynavy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

rwdflynavy Loaded Pockets

Harley Fat Boy here. EDC, doesn't change much when I ride.

6. FinnFreak

FinnFreak Empty Pockets

Re: Anyone riding a harley or other Non-Japanese chopper etc? whats ur ride-edc?

ooh i had buell too,and really liked it although it was older with tube frame but it had 1200 cc with race cams,tuned ignition and fulll race exhaust and matte silver/gloss black flame job.

7. dovk0802

dovk0802 Loaded Pockets

The Royal Enfield Military comes with a tool kit (lock box bellow the seat on right side), although admittedly it is basic. The panniers - ammo can looking saddle bags, are for every/anything else. I'm still shopping for a hack which, will really let me go heavy.

[​IMG]