1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone one else wear a bandana daily?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Highvalleyranch, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

I love to wear a plo scarf when going casual, don't really do bandanas.

2. mayran

mayran Empty Pockets

I just recently discovered the Buff and am intrigued. I think I may give it a try. Living in Michigan, we have a lot of cold mornings in the winter and I hate having a cold neck. Not a big turtleneck wearer either.

3. Jbum

Jbum Loaded Pockets

I always have a shemagh handy.

4. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

same.....

5. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

As the weather here has progressed from -16C to 10C I've progressed from reversible polar buff, to merino wool buff, to original buff. I think I've had one on my head or round my neck (or both) every day for about 3 weeks now ... definitely worth giving one a try.

6. Highvalleyranch

Highvalleyranch Loaded Pockets

Thanks for all the replies.
    I enjoyed the one about the use of the bandana as a sling. I always knew about it as an arm sling, but using it as a sling for a projectile was new to me!
    I love learning these tricks on EDC forums.

I will look into the buffs some more.

7. Blaker55

Blaker55 Loaded Pockets

50ft Trad,
    I lived in Darlington, Co Durham for a year and a half and I dont think I ever seen it that cold. Isnt that quite extreme for England? I live here in South Dakota and we will almost always see -30F at times in the winter and yeah its cold but... I think the coldest I may have ever felt was a windy rainy day at Whitby in November. That cold damp stuff soaks right in. I too have the same buffs as you and the merino's are my favorites.

8. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

shemagh crew checking in

9. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

Very extreme. I've lived here all my life and not seen it that cold either till last month. Normally if it gets to -4 people are thinking "ouch". Coldest it's been for over 100 years ... not fun.

10. mayran

mayran Empty Pockets

Thanks for the recommendation. Pretty sure I am going to pick one up. Now the question is will I get around to ordering one while it's still winter? My "things to buy list" is pretty long.

11. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

Well the good thing about the original Buff (which the EDCF exclusive is BTW) is they are useful all year round, maybe less so with the merino - but I've not had it long enough to be sure. (maybe other members could give more insight)

Polar buffs definitely cold weather only

12. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

I always carry a bandanna in my back pocket along with a Shemagh in my Malaga.

13. wenestvedt

wenestvedt Loaded Pockets

I have a six-foot, double-layer wool scarf that i wear around my neck in the winter. This has prevented me from ordering a merino buff.

In the summer I have a broad hat, so I don't wear one then while working outside. Should I reconsider?

14. Jack_Wood

Jack_Wood Loaded Pockets

I have a couple off-brand buffs. Nice things. I wear them around my neck to stay warm, or pull it up around my cheeks and ears when biking, or around my head as a sweat band.
    I also keep a bandana in my back pocket, but rarely wear it.

15. OhCanada

OhCanada Loaded Pockets

Not wear, but carry, it is part of my jacket contents as I have one in every jacket along with a length of 20' cord. My jacket gear is nice to have stuff that doesn't find every day use like my pants gear.

16. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

So I saved the day with my bandanna at College. Fellow student spilled her pop and started freaking out because it was heading towards her laptop and texts. Whipped out the handy dandy bandanny (sorry couldnt help it) and stopped the dreaded spill in its tracks. Then I forgot to pick it up after class from where it was drying out.

LOL.

17. rat-7

rat-7 Loaded Pockets

I have about 30 Buffs and edc one everywhere.

18. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

As for bandanas, I haven't worn one in years, don't even know where mine are. I have 5 shemaghs and have worn them in winter and summer and they can be vary usefull but the buff beats them on comfort. Haven't tried it in summer conditions yet, as I discovered them a few months ago (thanks to EDCF). But as for winter carry, although being a lot smaller then shemaghs, they provide more warmth. We had temperatures around -10°C for the last month. I wore a original Buff all that time and was perfectly fine. They definitely are pricey, but have proven to be worth it. I have 2, got the 2nd one last week after I fell in love with the first one. Shemaghs can be used in many other ways (small blanket, towel, ...) but for around the neck carry I now prefer the Buff.