1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of a certain cup???

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by themadplumbarian, Aug 13, 2009.

1. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Ive been looking for set of nesting cups kinda like the ones shown in the link below just not so expensive, just out of stainless steel, no need to be out of titanium, and if of equal size would be nice, the other thing is to have them fit over a Nalgene bottle, if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated,,, TY JR

http://www.marmotmountain.com/MMWmain.asp?Option=Detail&StyleID=10453

2. spyguy

spyguy Loaded Pockets

I found a S.S cup in a Dollar store tha fits on the bottom of my water bottle got 2 for 2 bucks
    they are a little higher in height than the one in your picture but they do me fine, and the handles are fixed

3. dilbert

dilbert Empty Pockets

4. themadplumbarian

I was going to go for that one, but i was thinking, to try to find a set of two, one into the other, that would sit on the bottom, that would do the same, i suppose i could get two, and set one on the top, and one on the bottom,,, but then every time i wanted a drink i would have to remove the top cup... JR

5. toomanypockets

toomanypockets Empty Pockets

6. themadplumbarian

:bump: anyone else know of any? JR

7. Fred Foobar

Fred Foobar Loaded Pockets

They have a stainless steel version of that cookset that goes for about $40.00.

Maybe a stainless Nalgene bottle and one GSI cup?

This would allow you to boil more water than just the cup, but not have to carry around extra kit. That combo would put you under $30.00 with the Nalgene.

What are you looking at using it for, just boiling water or also for cooking?

8. themadplumbarian

Yeah, i have the Nalgene 38oz stainless steel bottle, and the pouch to go over it, but wanted a cup, but more of a set to complete it,,, im leaning to the sea-to-summit, folding cup, then just the simple GSI, but then its not a set like the Snow Peak Mini Solo Titanium, and you cant cook or boil in the sea-to-summit,,, at the same time its not $60,,, so i was just looking for something like the solo, but cheaper,,, JR

9. Fred Foobar

You could make a hobo stove out of a 13oz coffee can to fit around the GSI cup:

(not my post, from another forum)

10. themadplumbarian

Thats a cool set up, if you put a sea-to-summit cup down first, then that set up, into the insulated 10" x 4" bottle holder pouch, you have everything, with an extra cup... thanks for sharing,,, JR

11. Gothic_Coop

Gothic_Coop Loaded Pockets

I am so going to buy a coffee can like that in the am!

12. djturnz

djturnz Empty Pockets

I don't even camp, but I want to make that set-up and cook something in the back yard. My wife is going to laugh at me.

13. Fred Foobar

I was in the same boat as you initially and was looking at the Snow Peak Mini Solo cookset you listed.

One of the things that folks complained about was the uneven cooking due to the small base and tall height. Using that cookset seemed to require a lot of frequent stirring or you quickly end up with burnt oatmeal on the bottom and cold oatmeal on the top.

That's when I stumbled upon the coffee can hobo stove. Fits my needs perfectly with the GSI cup and SS Nalgene, and I didn't have to spend a dime!

I used a 13oz coffee can since that is what I happened to have on hand instead of a 12oz as specified. The 13oz can fits perfectly in my 10x4.

Glad I could help!

14. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

The product in your original post is a cook set. Brunton makes a very similar set in Al called the IB cook set. It stands for "itty bitty" and is very afordable ($35.00 at Cabela's).

http://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=407

15. themadplumbarian

:ty: Ah thanks, but it wasn't at cabelas, i did find it at amazon for $30.99 + free shipping! thats perfect, and i have a 13oz coffee can, so if i get one i should be done with the coffee by the time it comes in, that would totally complete the kit,,,, if it fits??? a SS Nalgene 38oz bottle, duel cook set by Brunton, stove / coffee can, and all in a Molle T.A.G. bottle holder,,, sweet thanks again,,, JR

16. Hoverman

Hoverman Loaded Pockets

Cool setup with the cup and coffee can. Does anyone know where i could get a neoprene cover for my nalgene bottle that would fit the bottle plus the cup on the bottom?