1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have one of the Suunto Clipper compasses?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by mash4077, Jan 5, 2021.

1. mash4077

mash4077 Loaded Pockets

I recently put in an order with CountyComm and ordered one of their watchband compasses which was only about $4.00. The bezel popped off within a half hour of owning it but I was able to pop it back on, then about a week later I noticed a crack on the backside where it clips to your watchband.

So I was thinking of ordering the Suunto Clipper compass that’s made in Finland and has a lifetime warranty.

I have read some reviews which were a few years old regarding quality issues with them. Have they gotten better in the last couple years?
    How have they been holding up for you guys?

2. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I honestly don't know anything about the Suunto Clipper...
    but if this can be of some sort of help for you, i'm very satisfied of the small Cammenga J582T i bought years ago; you can easily adjust it to work on your own watchband as i did.
    Yes, it's not a cheap one... but consider the tritium illumination, and the real accuracy, it really works fine... you may think it is worthing the price.
    Nick

3. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Had one, it's now somewhere on the back 40 of my property. Not sure where it got hung but something snagged it and pulled it off my watch.

I'd suggest the M-9 over the clipper

4. Daniel Bryant

Daniel Bryant Empty Pockets

I used to have clippers but they would brush against stuff and fall off. Now I have a similar one that I thread my watch band through.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

5. maillet282

maillet282 Loaded Pockets

Had one. Lasted 4 months attached to my watch during a deployment to the Middle East. Developed a bubble in it so I took it off and am not sure where it went

6. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

My Seiko and Rolex throw off this compass by at least 30 degrees so it lives on the strap of my Maxped RollyPolly which I use when walking around towns when I want to explore areas away from marinas while in port.

7. kottskrapa

kottskrapa Loaded Pockets

I had one for a while but I got a bubble quite fast and stopped using it. Got myself a good silva (full size) and never looked back.

I had it on a paracord bracelet and it was bulky too

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

8. Daniel Bryant

Daniel Bryant Empty Pockets

Even my timex throws off the compass on the wristband but the idea is that it rides on the watch strap and can be taken off and used if the need arises, not that it would actually be used from the strap.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

9. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

I've carried one for a few years now. I avoid the pulling/ falling off issue by clipping the compass on the inboard edge of my watch strap, (the edge of the strap furthest from my hand)
    Mine has held up well. No issues other than the wearing off of the numbers on the bezel.