1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have experience with Boker knives?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Wolf427, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Lightnig

Lightnig Loaded Pockets

my only experience is with one knife, my 20 year old German made Top Lock.

While I like it very much, I seriously doubt any insight I can share based on this knife would have any relevance to any product available from Boker today...

2. Shur
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

Boker SubCom: Had it for years, one of my first purchases. It's shape doesn't make it the most comfortable if you're going at a large cutting task but for quick tasks it's just fine.
    Boker KeyCom: On my keychain for a couple years now and would replace it right away if I lost it.
    Boker Gnome: Haven't been able to use it much but an extended sharpening session made it clear that you can get a surprisingly strong grip on this for the size, and that the 'shoulders' created where the micarta starts in the choil are pretty sharp. I'll be doing something about this if I start using this knife.
    Boker Rhino: Similar to the PryMate which I really wanted but couldn't handle that price tag. Not a bad knife, I'm carrying it for work every day but have only used it a couple of times. Solid and feels good in the hand but has the same 'shoulder' problem as the Gnome

Sorry, I haven't tried the one you're looking at but I've had no trouble with Boker products

3. Wolf427

Wolf427 Loaded Pockets

I'm tempted to put the ZT 0200 on hold, and buy some Boker knives. I really like a few of their designs. Most likely some of their kalashnikov.

4. Wolf427

Wolf427 Loaded Pockets

Thats unfortunate man. :unsure:

5. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

kye4some, did you make your own sheath for your Gnome or did they change it. Mine's different than that. I've been carrying mine for over a year and really like it. Wasn't as sharp out of the box as I would like but sharpened up in no time. Was very impressed on the finish even though it's made in China. Maybe their quality control is going downhill.

6. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

I think they changed their design, mine is just a few months old. It holds the knife tight.

7. gadgetjack

gadgetjack Loaded Pockets

I have an Exskelibur 1 and a Rhino. While neither have been primary carry knives, both have seen extensive use in my lunch box, kitchen, and camp grub kit. To be honest, they see more cutting action than most of my knives other than dedicated kitchen knives. I feel they are good quality and an excellent value.

8. Trickster

Trickster Loaded Pockets

To clear things up a bit: Böker has three lines of knives:
    • "Böker" or "Böker Manufaktur", their top-line, often made in Germany, most expensive
    • "Böker Plus" the "intermediate" line. Often made in China, but with many knives designed by renowned knife designers like the Subcom and Trance by Chad Los Banos or the Exskeliburs by Mike Skellern
    • "Magnum by Böker" the cheapest line.
    I own a few from the Plus line, and so far I have been satisfied. Especially by my Exskelibur 2, very sharp out of the box, good fit and finish, etc.

9. autopoint

autopoint Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the clarification. My experiences have lined up as should be expected with each line. I wish I had done the research before buying once from the Boker Magnum line, even though the prices drop dramatically w/ quality at that last rung.

10. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

What Bokers do you guys want?

11. Wolf427

Wolf427 Loaded Pockets

12. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

I have a Magnum knife the King or King lockback and that sucker has great fit and finish and was actually one of the sharpest out of the box knifes that I had bought.
    [​IMG]
    King by kyeandtabbs, on Flickr

Wolf427 likes this.
  13. Wolf427

Wolf427 Loaded Pockets

I am going to order a Boker Plus XS, Exskelibur 1 tomorrow. They look like two pretty cool knives. I'll make sure I post up some pics when they get here, and I'll put up a review once I EDC them for a month or so.

14. Bodeen

Bodeen Loaded Pockets

I know there's a lot of Boker fans out there, and rightly so. They make/made some really great knives through the years. However...gotta say that I don't foresee ever buying another one after the lock issues I've had with my Haddock (Boker/Anso collaboration). Call it what you will but I've just come to expect more from a company for a $200 knife.

15. grndslm

grndslm Loaded Pockets

I picked up a Boker Plus HYPER for $20 from a local pawn shop. It was brand spankin' new.

The design is P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Perfect handle. Perfect weight. Perfect length. Perfect width. Perfect shape. Perfect feel. Perfect look. Perfectly solid clip. Perfectly solid lock. 440 Blade..... ALMOST Perfect.

Really, tho. You should do yourself a favor and try to get a hold of one of these Hypers. I think it's one of the only Bokers designed for EDC by people with "average" sized hands.

16. Wolf427

Wolf427 Loaded Pockets

Nice! I like the blade style of the knife, but cant convince myself to like the handle. I'll have to see one in person to make the decision on that knife.

17. Wolf427

Wolf427 Loaded Pockets

Got my knives today. Impressed with the XS, good wieght, feels solid in hand, good fit and finish. The Exskelibur 1 is nice too, fit and finish is good(but not to my standards), and the knife is very light for its size, feels good in hand too.
    Would I buy Boker again? Yes.

18. Wolf427

Wolf427 Loaded Pockets

Here's a couple pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]