1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a TUKK (xl) or similar?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by jtice, Nov 1, 2018.

1. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

I have been keeping an eye on @tacticalkeychains and see that he plans to release another batch of TUKKs first of the year.
    Wondering if anyone has one? Or, something similar?
    Been wanting to get a small utility blade knife.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

Had the smallest one in ti, but I flipped it. Too small and no true lock only magnets to hold in either open or closed.
    I really like and carry the Big Design Titanium Pocket Tool. Saves my knife blade for everyday small tasks.

3. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I've got the small titanium but I never carry it because it is TOO small. I think if I had the large utility-blade size I'd use it.

4. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

The Big Design TPT does seem very nice, looks like it would be more versatile at least.
    Do you have the original, or the new thicker version (one with slide on top)? How much play does the blade have when in use?

I picked up the knockoff of the small TUKK, just for the heck of it. I use it at times in my projects room, but agree, it is a bit too small for most things,
    plus the lack of locked position makes it so you cant use the blade in certain ways.
    The TUKK xl is supposed to have a lock in the extended position though.

5. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

I have the first one and it has a magnet to hold the blade when retracted to one side. There is not much blade movement at all. Just enough room for the blade only. I cannot get the really heavy duty blades in at all, just the standard blade. But really the standard blade handles everything I use it for. A big plus when traveling by plane is just tossing the blade and picking one up when you land.

Moshe ben David and jtice like this.
  6. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Have the small in titanium. It lives on my keychain. Great for cutting twine, opening boxes and the like. The design of the thing is meant to resemble an USB memory stick so it is very discreet. I worry that the XL would be too bulky. For a utility blade sized bladeholder check out the Rexford R.U.T. or a Screwpop? For a comprehensive video about these kinds of holders(except for the TUKK that he could not acquire) I found this video. Take a look here

7. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

Nice vid comparing them.
    I love the look of the TUKK xl, and seems to be one of the easiest to use, but it is one of the larger thicker ones.
    Plus, it has no other functionality, the Big Designs one has my attention now.