1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a Tissot T-Touch Expert

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Co_Outdoorsman, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Co_Outdoorsman

Co_Outdoorsman Loaded Pockets

Anyone have a Tissot T-Touch Expert? And if so what do you think of it overall???

Thanks in advance!

2. Kosmos

Kosmos Empty Pockets

I sell Tissot watches and must say the Expert is a great upgrade from the original T touch. It now seems more water resistant and a more practical watch than the standard T touch. I had an original one when they first appeared and thought it was great but soon realized it's limitation.
    I think Tissot have now produced a watch with the ease of use of a touch screen but with additional features to the original that make it a more practical watch.

It's a shame you still can't use it with gloves on but maybe in the future they'll add the feature of the new Sea touch that has a touch face on land and the buttons to select modes when underwater.

Time will tell if Tissot have improved on the problems the original T touch (I sent more of them back for repair than any other watch) but Tissot have always given a good service and a quick turn around for my customers.

Cheers,

Andrew

3. Co_Outdoorsman

So is it worth the investment? Dont want, nor need, a watch in the price range, that goes back for repairs...

4. Ricebrnr

Ricebrnr Loaded Pockets

having owned an original T-Touch with its associated problems, I say a resounding NO

5. Kosmos

Kosmos Empty Pockets

I've sold a few in the last few months and not heard any problems or had any returns yet (touch wood) but I'll keep you posted if I do have problems with them.

I guess the answer is to wear one myself as my everyday watch and give an honest review of it on the forum. (I've been looking for reason to get one since they were arrived in the shop).

Keep you posted,

Andrew

6. Ricebrnr

Ricebrnr Loaded Pockets

Does the new one still have to be returned to the factory in order to get new batteries?

Bought mine from Tourneau but they can't change the batteries or otherwise service the watch. It has to go back to the factory. :brickwall:

7. Co_Outdoorsman

the store I am going to buy at charges nothing for the battery but does charge $35 for new gaskets and pressure testing... with same day service if scheduled...

8. Ricebrnr

Ricebrnr Loaded Pockets

Yah Tourneau has free batteries for life too. Too bad they didn't tell me about the having to send it back to the factory each time to do it.

Well at least that's all on their dime even though they're an hours drive away and it takes a month each time.

9. Co_Outdoorsman

my drive will be about two hours, one way, but same day service is good and I can always make a day of it in the big city...

10. e30ernest

e30ernest Empty Pockets

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I think this is the perfect place to ask my question.

One of the local Tissot dealers has the T-Touch Expert (stainless with black rubber band) on sale and I'm thinking of buying it. This will be my first watch in years. As an avid hiker and motorsport enthusiast, I feel that the watch really reflects my character, and would be a good timepiece to wear on my upcoming wedding. :)

I am aware of the issues that plagued the original T-Touch and I'm wondering if the issues have been resolved in this model. I hope that some of you who have posted here 2 years ago would be able to come back and share with me your experience with this timepiece over the past years. Did this turn out to be a good investment for you?

Thanks so much and I look forward to your replies.

Cheers!