1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a Hazard 4 Evac Plan B? What is your take on it?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by sarge1967, Oct 8, 2014.

1. sarge1967

sarge1967 Loaded Pockets

I have been eyeing this bag for some time now. I have had a Maxpedition Sitka and found that it was not very comfortable when loaded.
    It looks like the Plan B has a much better shoulder strap and is ambidextrous so I could switch shoulders if needed.

Anyone who has this bag can you confirm that it is comfortable? How do you like it?

2. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

It is a narrow bag.. Seeing the people here buy them, they favored the rocket for the extra pouches on the side.. If you can work with a bag that slim.

thePlumbah likes this.
  3. sarge1967

sarge1967 Loaded Pockets

The slimness of the bag is one of the things that draws me to it. If I need extra storage I can put some pouches on it. I like the idea of the modularity.

4. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

I think there's one for sale in the bst

5. sarge1967

sarge1967 Loaded Pockets

I will check that out. Thanks!

6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I almost got one but then discovered the Spec Ops Tech go pack and got that instead.
    The Go Pack is like the Rocket but has nice long side pockets AND can switch from Sling to BackPack real easily too.

No Regrets!

hal_chase and sarge1967 like this.
  7. RoboSim

RoboSim Loaded Pockets

It's great for carrying loaves of bread, subs, etc.

Edd likes this.
  8. hal_chase
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

hal_chase EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'd agree with @ EZDog The Hazard4 will suffer the same issues as the Sitka (I own a Sitka and its great until you have a heavy load...then it sucks).

The SO Tech bag offers more options than an Evac or Sitka, plus you can run two shoulder straps with heavy loads

9. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

I have the rocket.
    Build quality isn't great, and the bag is uncomfortable when loaded.
    I want to like it, I really do, as I like the design, It's just not quite right for me.

sarge1967 likes this.
  10. Pete3

Pete3 Loaded Pockets

its ok, thats all I can really say. Not my favorite bag.

11. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat Loaded Pockets

Ive got one, that ive jad fpr about 1.5 years now. I use mine as a duty bag. I got this one specifically because of its slim build. It fits in my locker and its easy to handle inside a vehicle. Build quality is excellent on mine.

Comfort suffers when the pack is packed with a heavy load, and the whole sling concept never blew me away, but that's OK as I don't carry it that way much.

Anything else you want to know?

12. Jules

Jules Loaded Pockets

It's better than th Rocket, if you set it up right. The Rocket just has two dump pouches sewn on. I've put a Hazard4 flip pouch on one side (bottle pouch) and a maxped fatty on the other. With a hazard4 sunglasses pod above that on the molle. I also have the hazard 4 phone pouch on the strap. It's a great setup if you're not using to carry very heavy items in the main compartment. Even then, it's not bad if you use the secondary strap to stabilise it.

Having spent all the money though, I should have just bought a Tad Fast Pack.

Heavyduti likes this.
  13. Lane DeCamp

Lane DeCamp Loaded Pockets

The advantage of the Plan B is that it's narrow and fits behind seats, under seats, etc. I wouldn't call it a pack to haul long distances on your back. We like it because it can always find a room in a helo where there's little room for your regular big backpack. If you are using it for carry, it's also quite effective -- not only does it have the full-size velcro-lined pocket hidden against the back, but also the sides and top of the interior are lined, so you can clip something just about anywhere. I wouldn't recommend it if you are thinking about hanging molle pouches on it -- its attribute is its sleekness and thin shape and a bottle pouch or whatever just does away with that.

What is has: Good organization, nice organizational pocket on the front, slit pockets on the sides, lots of molle, lots of velcro inside, extremely good construction, great shoulder strap (wide and a bit bulky but lies very flat) and has real adjustment for bag position, great handles, pretty good rain protection on the zippers, strap mounting on both sides of the bag. Plus, it's 6" x 6" so it fits nicely several of the basic Maxpedition or Tactical Tailor pouches -- I have four of them plus a mobile phone storage battery next to each other in the bottom, then the shelf, plus a velcro'd Maxp pouch up high on the inside upper corner to hold valuables and a flashlight, with loads of room left for loose stuff.

What is hasn't: No dedicated water bottle container. Only one strap. Doesn't stand up on its own. An iPad Air barely fits at an angle inside, but not a notebook and the iPad Air isn't a great fit. Fine if you work with an iPhone 6Plus or small phablet; an 11 inch Macbook Air does decently and an iPad Mini is fine.

14. Crude

Crude Loaded Pockets

I hated the plan-b. I loved the idea but the bag was as versatile as a toothbrush. It couldn't bare weight, it couldn't conceal an ar15, it couldn't hold a standard 13" notebook.
    This bag is really small and not compartmentalized at all. This isn't a bad thing but if you are going to use it for a few edc items wouldn't you want to organize them? Also, why would you add compression straps to a bag this small? For me they constantly got in the way. It was originally advertised as being able to hold an Ar-15, yet it has a 2" zipper at the top for the barrel to poke through?
    I recently revisited this idea and decided to try the rocket. The rocket can still hold an AR (by poking the barrel through the hydration pack hole) and a notebook can comfortably fit with a few other items. The side pockets are nice for over flow and easily hold any water bottle you may be fond of. The wider hydration pocket makes a ccw much more feasible too! You get a little more room in your admin pocket and there's an extra pocket on the front for sliding passport, wallet, etc into for quick access. While there's enough molle on the bag to transfer a few pouches to the outside incase you need more room I'm puzzled why the bag needs 4 hazard 4 logos on it, the front one taking up valuable space that should have molle on it. The real value I've found is the ability to rotate the bag to the front to access sippy cups, Band-Aids, batteries, etc while moving in the direction of our next goal or to plan-b my profile when sitting in a shuttle bus from the hotel to say the mall of America.

I have a few modifications I want to try in the near future but I'm waiting for Santa to bring me an official fak and edc organizer before I start those.

I've been using my rocket as a diaper bag, range bag, lunchbox, gym bag for a few months now and it's been an improvement over then plan-b, though I'm not sure why these bags are so expensive. I can forgive hazard somewhat for using brand name water resistant cordura unlike maxpedition but even these bags can't cost more then $30-$40 to make.

http://www.edcforums.com/threads/edc.124368/

15. sarge1967

sarge1967 Loaded Pockets

I have decided against the Plan B. I found a deal on a Sitka I could not pass up. It gas been working great for my needs so far.

16. Sao
    • In Omnia Paratus

Sao Loaded Pockets

I have the rocket and it has served me well so far, but like ANY single sling backpack, you add weight and it becomes uncomfortable and cumbersome.

17. Jessie Carter

Jessie Carter Loaded Pockets

I actually kinda like mine...though admittedly it has a very narrow role. I use it as a range bag for pistols, including my AR pistol it breaks down nicely and fits inside the bag easily. It also fits discreetly between the back and front seats of my FJ (yeah I obscure too).At any rate, it is not a replacement for a decent backpack and I wouldn't want to carry it over long distances with a load in it. For specific lightweight concealment jobs it's pretty cool.