1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a Grovemade PK?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by FSTP, Jun 20, 2016.

1. FSTP

FSTP Loaded Pockets

I've been in the market for a nice EDC knife and I really like the way this grovemade is looking. Its really basic and is just a friction folder but I really like its simple lines.

What are you knife experts opinion on this knife? is it all looks no substance? Are there any other knives you could recommend that are similar to this?

2. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

I guess nobody knows what knife you're talking about.
    When I google the name in your thread title I get wooden cell phone cases and stuff but no knives.

How about a picture?

3. FSTP

FSTP Loaded Pockets

I guess I probably should have been more detailed in my posting. Here is a link to the website where it is for sale. https://grovemade.com/product/walnut-pocket-knife/?initial=231 Its not that expensive actually and Im tempted to just buy it out of curiosity. However I don't understand my there is such a long shipping delay. It says they're made in the USA out of materials from the USA, would that have something to do with its long wait time?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ran23, Nick4305 and Adahn like this.
  4. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Well, I like the design and that it has a front flipper for opening but $170 for a fiction folder is a bit steep for me.

I have a $20 Higonokami which is working nearly the same way and a PPC Occam Cocobolo and I learned from these 2 non-locking friction folders that I need at least the back spring of a slipjoint knife to feel safe when I use it.

Nick4305 and Moshe ben David like this.
  5. Sheep Dog

Sheep Dog Loaded Pockets

I hate to move away from the main subject but just real quick... What is that card holder?

Disciple of Christ

6. FSTP

FSTP Loaded Pockets

7. SV-97

SV-97 Loaded Pockets

Judging from specs and the pictures I'd say it depends on what you intend to do with it. It's a friction Folder without Clip so you may not want to pocketcarry it since it may open or get a sheath for it. The Materials seem to be of good quality and elmax is a premium steel(comparable to M390). BUT
    - 170$ get you some really nice knives
    - it's chunky
    - I get it's heavy
    - I can't see liners so the wood may swell and bend your washers or at least make the knife hard to open(depends on how good it's oiled etc.)
    - looks like the tip may be able to snag on things in the closed Position
    - definetly not a hard use knife

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

8. SV-97

SV-97 Loaded Pockets

Of you want to Stick with a friction Folder take a look at the Spyderco friction Folder, it's not THAT great of a value but it Matches the criteria, VG-10 is an ok steel and the build quality is good. You may also take a look at the MAM Tipica, it's more classic and you could buy 10 or so of them for the price

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

9. Heespharm

Heespharm Loaded Pockets

I bought one and I'm not to happy with it... They aren't knife makers so some things that aren't good are:

1. Deployment is hell difficult because that tab is too stubby to get leverage

2. Doesn't stay open very well because one again that tab isn't long so it can turn in your hand

3. Pivot nut needs to be really tight or its once again floppy

4. Mine is horribly off centered when closed

5. Didn't come sharp at all... I mean u could cut steak with it but not thick rope which I wouldn't do anyways because it doesn't stay open well

The good: fit of the wood to the metal is very nice and elmax is a good steel...

Save your money people

Adahn and Nick4305 like this.
  10. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

What is the contraption connected to the keyring? Never seen anything like it.