1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

anyone got mobile speakers/sound system?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by flux, Jan 17, 2016.

1. ngc604

ngc604 Loaded Pockets

I've been impressed with the jawbone jambox for about 2 years. Got one refurbished off amazon for $50 2 years ago and it's still going strong. I recently got a logitech x300 for free from a supplier and it is ok but I wouldn't be mad if it rolled into the pool.

If I were to buy a new one I would buy the newer jambox mini. It's old news these day but still sounds good and for $60 its a pretty decent unit. But if I had the $300 to blow it would be bose soundlink 3 all the way. They know how to make small speakers sound good.

Full disclosure tho: I am am huge bose fan. I own 901 v4, 301 v3, 2 sets of 201 v4, and inwall speakers in my kitchen.

2. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Loaded Pockets

I've tried quite a few bluetooth speakers, and after much trial and error, the best sounding small speaker to my ears is easily the Fugoo. It doesn't get very loud, but the sound is crystal clear. No boomy bass, but decent extension. They are also sand and waterproof, and you can change the outside shell/cage to make them virtually unbreakable. There's a video on youtube showing it being driven over by a Land Rover and it still worked.

If you're looking for car boom-box like sound, this isn't for you. If you want detailed, clear sound, this is for you.

WillAdams likes this.
  3. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

I've got the Jabra Solemate and have been very happy with it. Good sound quality and plenty loud for my purposes.

4. flux

flux Loaded Pockets

to answer to my own thread.. I tried 3 different models

Bose Soundlink Mini, JBL Flip 3, Denon Envaya Mini

Bose Soundlink Mini - has an emphasis on bass, a little too artificial. Heard jittering on one occasion in a very dense electronic music track. The most expensive of the three
    Envaya Mini - sounds pretty clear and is awesome, but if you like a lot of bass and need it a bit louder sometimes, that's not for you.
    JBL Flip 3 - That's what I settled on. Clear Sound, while having more Bass than the Envaya, but not overpronounced like Bose. Great sound both moderate and in loud volume. Loud enough to fill my 50m² workshop with music.

Form_
    Envaya is the slimmest and lightest, pocketable in a jacket or even jeans, JBL is size of a 0.5 litre can, so it fits in a bicycle waterbottle-holder, which might be good for some (I prefer not to bother people with my music while riding, but it's a nice way to transport it). A con is that the bass membranes on the side are not protected (but recessed) - so a cover is a good thing to have if you throw it in a bag with random stuff. You can hang it from stuff, which I love, cause I do work outside sometimes and need music. Bose Soundlink Mini is the biggest and heaviest of them. Also it is the boxiest of them, so less comfy to carry around.

They are all very easy to set up and use.

So, for 99€, the JBL was my winner. Great sound for the size, not too big and heavy and a lot cheaper than the Bose while I even like the sound better.

I contemplated to go for the bigger and heavier JBL Charge, which has more battery life and can act as a power bank as well, but I am not sure if I want to spend 50€ more for more 300-400g more weight, size and just one additional functionality. I think the additional 50 bucks are better spent on a decent USB charging flashlight that I can use as a powerbank as well.

Hope this helps. It took me quite some time to find something I like. They all three sound very very good. But the JBL is my personal favourite. The Envaya comes 2nd for me, for it has a very nice clear and crisp sound and about enough bass for using it on travels, while working etc. After all, I am not rocking a party with these things.

utotem and WillAdams like this.
  5. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

Bose Mini Soundlink II - very happy with it

6. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

Hex 808 and an outdoor tech turtle shell 2.0. The hex is cheaper and louder/more bass but the turtle shell has cleaner sound

7. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

I've got a Brookstone Big Blue on the way.

Jeff

8. LazerblazeR

LazerblazeR Empty Pockets

I have had success with the ecoxgear brand of Bluetooth speakers. I am currently using a Ecostone and it is great, waterproof shockproof. I previously used the ecorox, but it was not loud enough for my purposes. I have successfully taken both speaker into the Caribbean ocean via the virgin islands and Mexico. They don't get nasty from the saltwater as long as you give them a rinse. The larger Ecostone has a flashlight and usb powerbank. I highly recommend this brand if you need a tough rugged BT speaker!

9. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

It arrived and I'm quite satisfied!

Jeff