1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else used this multi-pen?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Plexabit, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Aviator

Aviator Empty Pockets

The only disadvantage with this pen is that there are no indications on the barrel to show which refill is extended. Sharbo has markings like |,||,|||. This feature is very helpful when we use refill which do not have color-coded tips.

2. Plexabit

Plexabit Loaded Pockets

That's a valid point and I really don't have a solution for it :p Pencil is easily distinguishable from the two pens, but telling the pens apart without color coding would be hard...you'd probably have to test it on scrap paper if both inks are a dark color.

3. flatline

flatline Loaded Pockets

I used a zerbra multi-pen all through high school and it didn't have any markings on it. I just always set it between the two pens whenever I put it away and when I pulled it out I knew that a right turn would give me black and a left turn would give me red.

Never had any trouble with it. It's still around here somewhere (18 years later). I stopped carrying it when the cap over the eraser cracked in half after a bad drop. My wife uses it for writing checks.

--flatline

4. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Well, I don't think that's much of a problem really. Most refills seem to be color-coded, and it's easy enough to code them with a Sharpie or something if they aren't.

WillAdams likes this.
  5. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

The Skilcraft B3 is not discontinued. The post you were referring to is talking about the Pilot Stylus multipen.

6. Plexabit

Plexabit Loaded Pockets

Well, this one's cap screws on and is made of metal. :D

7. wasteland_wanderer

wasteland_wanderer Loaded Pockets

got mine in the mail this week, I have to say that I'm really enjoying it so far. I like pens and pencils that have some weight, like the f-701, but this does not go overboard, it feels sturdy, really doesn't rattle around when closed, and is considerably less expensive than the alternative sharbo

8. tm3

tm3 Loaded Pockets

based on this thread i got one. really cool pen but i don't like the refills. it takes standard multipen refills, and Jetpens has a good selection. i have tried jetstream, zebra, and monteverde so far. all are better than the stock refill but i like jetstream the best by far.

WillAdams likes this.
  9. Plexabit

Plexabit Loaded Pockets

Jetstream has refills? Cool!

10. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Also, check out the OHTO Needle Point Refills at Cult Pens. I like those the best of all I've tried (and I've tried most of them)!

11. faca

faca Loaded Pockets

I lost mine a month after purchase :-(

Enviado desde mi GT-I9195 mediante Tapatalk

12. sagenodland

sagenodland Loaded Pockets

I had a pen similar to that but stainless, and it was a single clicky button. The way it worked was it had three icons representing the black pen the red pen and mechanical pencil and whatever one was facing up when you clicked it would select that pen/pencil. It was the greatest until someone stole it. Yay high school.

13. BigJuju

BigJuju Empty Pockets

Does anyone know where I can get just eraser refills for the B3 Aviator?

I know I can order the "B3 Aviator Pen Refill Kit" available from many sources but I don't need all of that ink and pencil lead.

I've been using a B3 for about 9 months now and love it! It's replaced my dwindling supply of Pilot Pentopia T2300's.

I'm in the Army so I got our Supply Sergeant to order me a couple. He had never seen them before and really likes them so it's his Go To pen now as well.

My only gripe is the black finish is wearing off and the brass color is starting to show thru. Since that's my only issue with the pen I'll gladly take it!

Thanks.

tooiewah likes this.
  14. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I wasn't going to resurrect an ancient thread, but since someone else already did... :p

Does anyone know of a good source for ink cartridges in green or blue? I frequently use those colors for markups and sketches.

15. BigJuju

BigJuju Empty Pockets

It looks like I've found a good - and inexpensive - eraser refill.

This Papermate Tuff Stuff Eraser Stick refill is the same size as the eraser in the B3. I took out what was left of the existing eraser, spread the metal retaining clips, cut off a section of the new eraser stick, and stuck it inside. Success!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WillAdams and jag-engr like this.
  16. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

To answer my own question, I have learned that the refills for the B3 are standard D1 size. That means that you can put any D1 refill in the pen, including gel (expensive & short-lived), Fisher (the one with pieces that snap off), or any other variation. I read a review of standard D1 refills that recommend the Lamy M21 (which I think they should just call the Lamy D1 and spare some confusion) as the best for general writing. According to the review, it's smooth, doesn't hesitate, and doesn't blob.

WillAdams likes this.
  17. tm3

tm3 Loaded Pockets

like everything else, i'm sure that individual taste plays a role here but i really don't like the lamy refills. they don't "start up" right away, while on the other hand the jetstream writes a nice, smooth line right off the bat.

18. AV8R

AV8R Loaded Pockets

One in my shirt pocket and a backup in my flight bag.