1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else REALLY, really into Victorinox Classic SD's?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by bjornkeizers, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Farchyld
    • In Omnia Paratus

Farchyld Loaded Pockets

I love the design of the Classic. I can get the smaller Victorinox at the local Target for $9. My issue with them is that the blade opens towards the keyring. I thought that was sort of a dumb design.

I've been oogling over the Victorinox Cybertool Lite to replace my $4 generic multitool from Lowes. Thing looks like it has everything I would need at work.

2. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

That's why I carry mine in a keyring sheath. I used to just clip it to my keyring with a quick release hook/clasp, but I went to a sheath. If you look at the Victorinox website, they have black fake leather key fobs to carry a classic. I took mine to a leather guy, and had it duplicated in some very nice grade leather. Since I carry my keys on a carrabiner hanging from my left belt loop, all I have to do is reach down and pull out the classic.

O_G likes this.
  3. BullRome

BullRome Loaded Pockets

Only recently did I discover the usefulness of the classic! Keep a black one on my keyring, a green Vic ALOX in my top drawer (still in the box its just to pretty to scrape up) and a MiniChamp on a small lanyard carried in my pocket. I picked up the MiniChamp for 6.50! It's in excellent condition. I plan on adding a few more colors of Classics to my collection. Totally digging the yellow and camo ones! They are very cool/useful little fellas! Trying to sneak purchases by my wife is a bit of a challenge! It seems I am a bit of a pack rat when it comes to pocket knives and gadgets.

4. bjornkeizers

bjornkeizers Loaded Pockets

You guys are a really bad influence... I just bought FOUR MORE.

The order: 1 x transparent blue (to replace the solid blue that I sold), 2 x transparent pink (yes, one for mom as well) and a solid yellow. That one'll match the new yellow Tomo that's coming in... hopefully in a day or two. EDIT: Whaddayaknow... the Tomo just arrived! Looks quite nice in yellow.

Farchyld: Yes, the placement of the keyring versus blade is a bit of an odd choice. Especially since the big knives are the 'right way around'. You'd think the added grip of a hefty keychain would be helpful for such a small knife. Personally, I wear mine on a paracord lanyard with clip around my neck. So I always take it off when I use it.

5. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Ive never counted em yet but I must have DOZENS of Swiss Army Knives (including Classics, various Swiss Cards, Huntsman/Climber/Explorer/Spartan & even a couple of the BIG SAKs) & I can see me buying more. Embrace your obsession & be proud to be a "SAKs Addict", I am!!!)

I built THIS to hold my SAKs but havent got around to putting them all in there yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. MWDP

MWDP Banned

Awesome looking display case you got there.

7. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

Holy crap, Stufoffee! That case is sooo totally cool! How did you transfer the sak design so well in large size?

Carl.

mooshisho likes this.
  8. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Loaded Pockets

As for me, SAK classic is the best minimalist keychain multi tool around, but not perfect. I want keep a knife, scissors, a toothpick, tweezers, a screwdriver and to get additionally a pen and maybe a ruler. NO MORE, NO LESS!
    Not yet invented ;(

9. eNon

eNon Loaded Pockets

The other mini knives like the Rambler, Rally & Manager have blades that open on the other side. I just upgraded my SD to a Rambler. Exactly the same as the SD but with an added bottle opener/phillips head driver. Should be the new SD.

10. AAROSOL

AAROSOL Loaded Pockets

I love the SAK classic as well, but only in alox. I think I've finally collected all the colors available!

11. bjornkeizers

bjornkeizers Loaded Pockets

That display is definitely one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

12. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Thanks. I just used google-fu to find an image of the SAK shield, saved & printed it & then made a plastic template. Then I just cut & sanded the design on a thin piece of wood & spray painted it Silver

MrOG and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  13. Letrow

Letrow Loaded Pockets

I have a classic model (gift from a company), a midnight manager (with my old firm's logo), a mini champ and two mini champs on the way for my kids.

14. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Loaded Pockets

I don't have a Classic, I hope that changes soon. I do have a Rambler on my main keyring and a Rally on my Valet key ring. Rambler definitely being the favorite. Everything is the same as the Classic but includes a bottle opener with a small phillips driver on the end.

15. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Loaded Pockets

Ok, the wife asked me to pick up some stuff at Target at the way home from work. Wouldn't you know it, Vic Classics regular price $9.99. Without any price research, it didn't look too bad. I picked up a black one.

16. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

Since downgrading from my Stay Glo Rambler, I've carried an Alox Classic SD on my keyring for the past half year or so; I also have a stash of seventeen NIB Classic SDs that I picked up from eBay on the cheap for a project I have lined up down the road. :)

MrOG likes this.
  17. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

Too bad there's not a forum for the fanatics who love the classic. I know I'm one of the fanatics. I also keep a few spares around just in case.

18. boof

boof Loaded Pockets

Old thread I know but..... I like em. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

MrOG, Mike R, Dr. Bahn and 7 others like this.
  19. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

That's a neat collection, BOOF! :D I did start collecting them at one point, but I started to give them away to friends. hha :p I really like that one in the bottom row, third from the right. :D

MrOG likes this.
  20. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

boof, you are THE man! That is a great classic collection. Maybe the best I've seen, with some very unusual specimens. Hw many countries do you have represented there?

Belush2 likes this.