1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else keeping an eye on the upcoming Render K pen?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mhphoto, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Jean

Jean Loaded Pockets

There goes another 65 bucks thanks to this website :) (I'll hold for Jon, if it is going to happen)

2. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

I think Jon and the Project owner are talking. Either way, I kicked in a bunch of money and will likely buy more from Jon if they're offered on the store.

3. petercrowell

petercrowell Loaded Pockets

I've lost two space pens. I can't trust myself with something that small. But it's seriously awesome that they've raised 23X their intended amount at Kickstarter.

4. spazlite

spazlite Empty Pockets

Got a brass one for myself and an aluminum for a friend's birthday.

5. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

Same package I got. I can't wait until they get delivered. Gonna be a long wait.

6. phantom357

phantom357 Loaded Pockets

looks nice. good luck to you guys

7. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

Oh man, it's February and I'm trying not to hold my breath. I can't wait until my pens arrive, though I'm sure it'll be the very end of the month at the very earliest. I'm fully expecting to be waiting until March. Can't wait to get some comparison pics of the brass Render K with the Cu Embassy Pen.

8. rickinFL

rickinFL Loaded Pockets

anyone got one of these yet?

9. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

They just started the actual manufacturing of them a few days ago. They said they would ship them as they were completed, so it shouldn't be too terribly long now.

10. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

Guess I spoke too soon. Really looking forward to my pens, but they should've been shipping by now methinks…

11. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

I've yet to see anyone on Kickstarter actually DELIVER when they say they will. I think it's just them being over zealous. I'm sure they will ship them soon.. And I'm sure there will be people upset with some facet or another. It's how this stuff works.

I'll be happy when I get my order, but I'm not wasting any cycles on it. They produce them as fast as they can.

12. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

People who ordered just brass pens are starting to receive theirs. Anyone here gotten theirs yet?

13. T.McGee

T.McGee Empty Pockets

Your post actually lead me to get one in brass and it arrived today. Awesome!
    But I couldnt find any of the Pilot Hi-Tec C refills locally, so I have ordered and now will have to wait until they get here.
    I am having to get a finish on the pen though, the original finish was gorgeous, but I mess things up to easily, already has some scuffing on it from just carrying it around looking for the refills. I call it coinwash, throw it in a Crown Royal with 4-5 handfuls of coins and then wash it until it gets well washed.

14. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

To be fair, in many cases it is understandable - people put up projects not sure if they will even get the minimum funding they will ask, and are presumably basing their timelines off of a fairly small order number. To get orders for more than thirty times the expected amount (in the case of the Render K - $69,000 worth of funding for an original request of $3,000) means you are going to have to produce rather a lot more product than you originally bargained for, which will quite obviously push delivery times somewhat...

I guess I would hope that those who pledged early should get their items not too far off timescale, those who bought right at the end should really be expecting quite a delay.

15. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

Awesome! Have you taken any pics of it yet?

16. T.McGee

T.McGee Empty Pockets

Not yet, I took it apart last night and washed it out, there was some leftovers from machining. I will soon though.

17. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

Looking forward to it. :smile_coffee: I would think the company they used to anodize the aluminum pens would be done by now. I ordered one of each and I've already got my refills lined up on my desk just waiting…

18. T.McGee

T.McGee Empty Pockets

Sorry it took so long and for the quality (both of pics and this post :D):

http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee408/vyrvyr01/?action=view&current=DSC00035-1.jpg
    http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee408/vyrvyr01/?action=view&current=DSC00034-1.jpg
    http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee408/vyrvyr01/?action=view&current=DSC00033.jpg
    http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee408/vyrvyr01/?action=view&current=DSC00032.jpg

My HiTec C refills came in and they are a perfect fit (no pics of those).25mm,.4mm,.5mm I would have got some .3mm but none in stock.
    You can just barely make out that there are very faint and fine machining lines along the barrel (body) and cap underneath the knurled section. It adds a little bit of texture which I think is nice. My coinwash was kinda a washout, it did a little to it but not very much so its still pretty uniform finish all over which was a little more shiny originally. It is pretty heavy (....brass...) It will be my EDC pen from now on until they make one in Titanium (hoping)
    It comes vacuum packed in plastic, a separate section for the aluminum insert and spring, the pen and instruction sheet with a length of plastic tubing which is for you to make your own insert for whatever other refill you want to use if the aluminum one doesnt work for that refill.
    The clip is very sturdy, its stonewashed the two screws are standard fit perfect.
    The threading is awesome for both the cap and the refill cap (? whatever that is called) the screw down nice and snug. Ive bought other pens (Hinderer, County Comm, another custom from another machine shop and some "Tacticool" S&W Schrade, and the threading on this is the best to me)
    The knurling is just a little softer now after the coinwash, but it wasnt too sharp new either, it is nicely in a deep relief and grips very well.

As always YMMV

19. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the pics! Man, I can't wait to get mine now. I hope the anodizing is finished.

20. DrekThanos

DrekThanos Loaded Pockets

As soon as there's a titanium version witha tail cap post option, I'm all over these