1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else keeping an eye on the upcoming Render K pen?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mhphoto, Dec 14, 2011.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Will you be using any retailers?

2. whiterabbit05

whiterabbit05 Loaded Pockets

I may have to pick one up!

3. popedandy

popedandy Loaded Pockets

I was wondering the same thing.

4. fatkid

fatkid Loaded Pockets

If it its in your shirt pocket, definitely not. Clipped on your jeans pocket? Maybe if you are doing something really active. We really haven't noticed an issue with this. If I was really worried, I would pop an o-ring on where the cap rests against the body of the pen, but I don't see a need for that.

5. fatkid

fatkid Loaded Pockets

We are a production shop, so a larger order doesn't mean production will be slowed. Plus, we aren't like some of the other projects on Kickstarter (nothing against them) that are depending on some overseas company to provide us with the latest production sample. It will take a little longer to make a larger amount of pens, but we do this for a living. Sure, I am a designer, but I am backed by an incredible shop full of people working to get these out the door. The purpose of Kickstarter is to help provide capital to get a project finished. Most projects take several months before they can start shipping, some have taken up to a year. There might be unforseen delays, but we plan on starting to ship pens by the first part of February. So don't fret on pledging for a pen. We will work hard to make sure you get what you paid for in a timely manner. And if you have a question, you can even call us at the shop and talk to a real person, most likely me.

Great questions everyone!

6. fatkid

fatkid Loaded Pockets

We haven't gotten that far yet, but we would love to have these on the shelves of a few different retailers. Once we get all the Kickstarter stuff out of the way, we will start selling them on our own site. I would love to get these guys in the hands of people who appreciate well-made American products.

7. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

This is exactly the sort of thing that the EDCF store would do really well on.. These pens look very EDC and the store seems to have a good selection of competing pens.

Not that these are "tactical" pens, but to be honest, the reason I like this product is because the pens appear to be more functional as pens than "tactical". I've just never really been into the tacticool style pens out there.

8. mattp

mattp Loaded Pockets

These look awesome, thanks for bringing them to my attention! I've just pledged for 2 brass ones; I am a big fan of the solid heft of a machined pen, without the need for all the tactical mumbo. I like the minimal knurling too, less likely to scratch my watch etc.
    Looking forward to February!
    Cheers, Matt

9. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Would the forum be one of the retailers? Not saying this is how it would play out but what generally happens about 19 out of 20 times is once a good portion of the forum knows about someones product I get told that they don't need anything more from the forum. Forum chatter gets them all they want from here.

10. fatkid

fatkid Loaded Pockets

We are open to all opportunities. If the forum would be interested in being a retailer send me a PM and we'll get things sorted. If not, no worries. Love this place!

11. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

12. truaztlan

truaztlan Empty Pockets

Just kicked in. Didnt want to be the only EDCer not backing this Kick :censored: pen.

13. fatkid

fatkid Loaded Pockets

PM replied.

14. LauraQ

LauraQ Loaded Pockets

I'm in! Just pledged. Proud to back a U.S. company with a great looking product.

- Laura

15. Rob001

Rob001 Loaded Pockets

Saw this the other day and I pledged, can't wait for February.

16. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

Going to be a long January!

17. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

Hope everyone who wanted to get in on the action early did, 'cause time is up. They raised a whopping 2,303% of what their goal was. I can't wait to get my pens!

18. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

They're actually allowing orders now. The orders will be filled after the seed-orders are filled.

You can place your pre-orders here- http://karaskustoms.com/pens.html

19. IMWILSON
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON EDC Wizard

Does anyone know if they are gaoin to be available through the forum store? I'd rather buy one from Jon if possible.

20. popedandy

popedandy Loaded Pockets

I was thinking the same thing. I have no objection from ordering direct from the manufacturer, but if I can support both the manufacturer and Jon/the forum I'd prefer to do that.