1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else have some incoming pens / pencils?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by bjornkeizers, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

WELL!

That pretty much puts that to rest for me. I didn't really think there was compatibility but my curiosity was aroused.. Said curiosity is now sleeping again. ;)

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

2. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

LOL... I guess every year I look at them wonder if the Parker refills will fit...as if the shape or design of the 849 would change. I recall the Easyflow did not fit well all those years ago.. But perhaps someone that has one can try again.

3. echo victor
    • +2 Supporter

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

I ordered a BigiDesign Ti Mini pen in mid-June. The box arrived today but it didn't contain a pen; only refills. :stomp:

sigh

waiting for an email response

UPDATE: I was contacted yesterday and the pen will arrive on Tuesday. Good support response!

Last edited by echo victor, Jul 5, 2020
    #903 echo victor, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    ran23 likes this.
  4. gdwtvb

gdwtvb Loaded Pockets

I've been happily using a WE knives titanium bolt action pen for just over two years. (TP-02A purple) Great pen and perfect for my job where I don't write stuff, just initial stuff and jot notes/numbers down a hundred times a day. I tried capped pens but that got tedious fast. I just wanted another option, in titanium.

I looked but could never justify the cost of a FellHoelter, Tactile Turn, or Nottingham tactical, after all my current pen has been exceptional and I paid around $65 dollars for it. Tonight I ordered a Rovyvon C10 bolt action pen in titanium. I am guessing it is probably made in the same factory as my current pen as the waterproof box it comes in is identical except for color to the one I got two years ago. It uses the same cartridge, so my stock of refills won't go to waste. (I like using purple ink refills.)

It feels nice to have a new EDC item coming in the mail after making very few EDC purchases over the last year.

Grizz

RMinNJ likes this.
  5. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I just ordered a Pilot Vanishing Point in Matte Black. I take a lot of quick/sporadic notes at work, so I’m hoping it will work well for that.

6. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Let us know how the Rovyvon C10 bolt action pen in titanium is...

7. gdwtvb

gdwtvb Loaded Pockets

I've had the Rovyvon for about a month now and I really like it. One thing that I hadn't noticed before I received it is that the bolt action is opposite to my WE pen. (Rovyvon on the left, it came as polished Ti, I anodized it the day after I received it.)
    [​IMG]

It took more than a week before it was intuitive to activate due to the bolt action being opposite to what I have been using for the last couple years. That means I probably won't switch back and forth as I originally thought. That said, I do like the Rovyvon better than my WE bolt action. I can't tell if there is actually a weight difference, but the Rovyvon is thicker in the hand and feels beefier, which is something I like in my XXL hands. (I don't write anything lengthy with my pen, I use it many times a day to initial things and jot numbers and/or short notes.) It uses a standard Parker or space pen with adapter refills, so plenty of choices. You can order it with a tritium insert in the bottom of the clip, I might get a tritium for it sometime in the future. I like it and feel it is worth the price, roughly $80.

[​IMG]

Grizz

RMinNJ likes this.
  8. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

One of the first machined aluminum writing instruments noticed*, way back when (debuting > 21 years ago):
    [​IMG]
    :cool:
    *Actually got the rb 21-ish years ago, and wanted to get the related bp recently. Yet the retailer mistakenly sent this rb instead, so this one's heading back while the Tombow ZOOM 2000 bp is now on its way. Will share the bp soon...:D

twin63 likes this.
  9. michaelh73

michaelh73 Loaded Pockets

It's already here..but I've got a Fisher Space Pen.

The Bullet 400 series.

Folds back on its own cap,so that it's rounded at both ends when capped.

10. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

A Franklin Christoph Model 31 Omnis in antique glass acrylic with a fine S.I.G. nib. I have a Model 31 with their standard fine nib and it’s one of my favorite pens. I was hoping the antique glass would come back in stock at some point.

11. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

twin63 likes this.
  12. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

There's a guy on YouTube who reviewed that pen.
    It's a guy who runs unsharpen.com.
    How do youlikeit?

13. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Home Craftsman
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

Tactile Turn just came out with their "Slim Bolt Action Pen". As much as I love their other pens they're a bit chunky for shirt-pocket carry (if I ever get back to visiting customers in person, anyway). I ordered one right away.

twin63 likes this.
  14. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Yep...ordered the slim.. The regular Bolts were too thick for me. My Slider (precursor to the Bolt pens) with much more taper has been a comfortable pen.
    I'm hoping the slim is comfortable carries ok with the new clip.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  15. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Hey @Bad Company - I like the rollerball well enough. It's light and the refill writes well. You can find a spot to grip the barrel, and it's not slippery. Even though the unsharpen reviewer said it was metal on metal when you post the cap, I thought there was a thin ring inside the cap to hold onto the end of the barrel, which wasn't made of metal. The clip clamps, yet nothing special. I just liked the idea of the machined details in the barrel way back when (was still pretty new to figuring out what I prefer to use in a writing instrument).

That's funny to see what writing instruments unsharpen has chosen for the vid reviews. Besides the Tombow ZOOM 2000 rb around when I got the second one (accidentally), they also reviewed the Cross Edge (a different colorway than the one I snagged), talked about side-click writing instruments as well (though they were familiar with plastic ones I didn't know or post about), and talked about the Fisher Infinium space pen, of which I've had a version/incarnation since '98.
    Was half-tempted to try out a slim ba short today, yet got Kelvin Verrett's v3 TiScribe-Bolt recently and didn't think I needed this iteration.

Will share that v3 when it arrives (got in on the second drop last month because the first one was some special email-only invite, for whatever reason, which is silly, because I've followed the guy since he was one2tencnc and also the 1st backer of his various TiScribe-Bolt projects at ks, yet he only wanted to give invites to those who he decided would support him? Ahem. I realize it's all part of doin' biz and hypin' a product, I suppose. But I digress)...

Anyway, it's neat that you've wanted slimmer diameter writing instruments and now, you get to see some realized! :D

16. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Thanks.. will see. I've determined that the pens I write better and faster with are all not .4xx inches wide.
    The TiScribe was on my list also but seems to have gone the wider direction...the V3 is thicker than the last..maybe not a lot.. What I cant get over with the TiScribe is the clip will never be that tight since it would then scratch the barrel?

17. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Correct, there won't be a totally tight clamping/gripping force between the barrel and clip.

One way to have a clip grip well onto the barrel, and also be the moving component of the mechanism to extend/retract the pen refill tip, while not putting scratches on the pen's surface, would be to make the clip out of a softer material, like aluminum compared with the stainless steel barrel, which is what Adam Hogsett did with the Machine Era writing instruments... The 1st incarnation of the Field Pen had the 2 surfaces in contact, yet the 2nd version, which used the clip as the bolt, also had the small gap. That one wasn't too bad, though, since it was more of a pocketable pen (for the front pants pocket).