1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Else Find A Knife Click To Be Extremely Satisfying?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by neutrontech, Jun 23, 2011.

1. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

Seconded! Even when I'm the one holding the shotgun, it's still pretty intimidating! ;D

2. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

Try the ZT300 some time. That ain't a "click," it's a "thunk". I've heard car doors that didn't sound that solid.

3. Pokerstud

Pokerstud Loaded Pockets

absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

if you ever want to hear a "click" check out the CRKT Hissatsu! i think you could hear mine form about 100 feet away... I use to pull my knife out and fiddle with it whenever i was bored, but then i noticed that strangers usually gave me the "should i call 911" look whenever i did it. now i just play with my knives in private.

5. monkeysfistmaker

monkeysfistmaker Loaded Pockets

Satisfying? Meh, it's a little more than that. There are few other sounds that I could compare it to, one of the sounds not being appropriate for the forum, and the other being a 1966 Pontiac GTO being started.

6. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

ah.. yes. i do that.

some knive i basically only have because of the sound they make.. like kershaw leek.. the slick scchhhwik sound it makes.. aaahhh. :)

and i do play with all of them time to time. to keep a feel for them how they function.. (thats my excuse and im sticking with it!) it has absolutely nothing to do with the sounds they make when they open up.. honest! hahahah ;)

world is full of nice sounds..

racking an pumpshottie.. hmm.. yes an intimidation factor is there thanks to over use in movies etc..

but for me, personally, i think in total darkeness, there is something even more sinister hearing the kinda rusty spring slooooow cocking sound of two hammers of side by side shotgun.. *creee-clikk* followed by another *creee-clikk*

"no, i do not want to look whats behind door number 2" hahah.

7. midnightreport

midnightreport Loaded Pockets

+1 :thumbsup:

My Sage1 locking open is an extremely satisfying sound and feel. Solid, yet buttery smooth and fast. Even my girlfriend likes it; she routinely takes the Sage out of my hand and flicks it open and closed while we're watching TV. :smitten:

8. jlagman

jlagman Loaded Pockets

As bad as this can sound, I always tell others that, for me, a knife is a tool first, a toy second, and a weapon a distant third. When I'm not using a knife as a cutting tool, I have been known to fiddle with them, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

9. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

Yep, that IS universal "Oh F***" sound. It is terrifying and I have only heard it from friends racking the gun.

10. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

11. hig789

hig789 Loaded Pockets

I figet with my BM 912D2 more times than I care to count in a day. I love the sound of the heavy D2 blade locking into place.

12. DTM_Oskar

DTM_Oskar Loaded Pockets

the sound of a flipper after a good wrist flick reminds me of my first flipper. a cheap-o smith and wesson that kind of looked like modernized big fat stilleto with aluminum handles (possibly blade too lol) with holdes drilles out of the scales to lighten it up and the whole thing was mossy oak camo. can you say tacticool?

13. Signmaker

Signmaker Loaded Pockets

I do enjoy the sound and practice of flipping open a knife. Funny thing for me is that I carried lockbacks for years. Then made the evolutionary leap to assisted linerlocks with flippers, and stuck there for a couple more years. Now I've recently slide back down the ladder to unassisted flippers. What this leaves me is every once in a while I casually flip the flipper, only to have the blade stop 3/4 of the way through because I forgot to flick my wrist. Still working on retraining the muscle memory I guess.

14. zuggzugg

zuggzugg Loaded Pockets

Mmmm dat Para 2 sound....

15. surefire7

surefire7 Loaded Pockets

I like the sound of my original Paul knife clicking open.

16. Blimey

Blimey Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I daily carry either an Evo or Evo Jr. Constantly catch myself fidgeting with it. Calming. :)

17. xjsnake

xjsnake Loaded Pockets

Sounds like a keeper...

18. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

"Satisfying?" No, never thought about that seemingly innocuous sound quite in that context; however I have considered it to be at times no less that disconcerting.

Those times are when the sound emanates from someone else that I consider to be outside of the circle of people that I trust; those whom I have knowledge of their character and values that they would not capriciously belabor the triviality of that innocuous sound in the presence of others.

19. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

So, I am not the only one who feels that way? What a relief. Eventhough it has no lock, my new Spyderco UKPK clicks very pleasantly. It resonates.

20. tbenedict

tbenedict Loaded Pockets

My BM Osbourne tickles me everytime I play with it.

My SRM 763's tickle me all the time too. Perfect EDC size, shape, and grind with a decent steel for about $10. I like being able to use something witness little fear of damaging it.