1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else carry a water purifer in their EDC bag?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Caduckgunner, Sep 7, 2012.

1. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

ran23 likes this.
  2. Rapt_up

Rapt_up Loaded Pockets

The water bottle based ones are great for EDC. :) If you're gonna carry a bottle may as well be one that can treat nasties.

If you EDC a hydration bladder consider a gravity filter like the Platypus/MSR one. The unit with tubing and second "dirty" bladder is about the size of a 32 oz bottle. This will give you lots and lots of water from virtually any source... If you are worried about chemical contamination add a carbon filter to it.

I also carry a sheet of spinnaker cloth that can serve as a tarp for staying dry and collecting rainwater, or for doing the condensate thing with too... :)

Finally I have an MSR WaterWorks thats still going strong... Lots of options depending on where I'm going to be (region).

3. ace19636

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

for edc I keep a small straw type filter because Its an item that is good to have but the chance that I will need it is very slim so I went for the smallest and lightest one I could find.

4. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I keep a water filtration/treatment kit in my EDC bag in an Otterbox 3000. It includes an AquaPouch and an AquaPouch Plus (both completely flat one liter containers, the Plus has a flat folding funnel that fits conical coffee filters for removal of fairly large particles), MicroPur tablets, a Camelbak folding water bag, a Frontier Aquamira Pro filter, and some plastic tubing. I also carry 2 40oz. stainless water bottles. My bag is an Osprey Kestrel 32, so it has plenty of room, but it does not go everywhere I go - the grocery store for instance. As a civil-sanitary engineer for nearly 40 years, I'm very serious about water treatment.

SAKplumber likes this.
  5. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

As am I. I have a Whole House Carbon water filter at my Main Supply. I EDC over a gallon a day of great water:)

6. c.southers

c.southers Loaded Pockets

keep a life straw in my car kit

7. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

Yes, I keep one of the McNett straws in my kit as well. I think I'd have to be pretty desperate to use if. I haven't actually seen a Life Straw, though the spec's sound good. But I can generally get the McNett straw and the Aquamira filter for about the same price as one Life Straw.

8. pawn

pawn Loaded Pockets

My GHB in my trunk has water packets, and a katadyn water filter. My fatboy just has purification tablets.

9. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

I carry a Steri-pen.

SAKplumber likes this.
  10. Gearnut

Gearnut Loaded Pockets

^This^

SAKplumber likes this.