1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone EDC a Zero Tolerance 300 series?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by CLBME, Dec 7, 2010.

1. CLBME

CLBME Empty Pockets

Good evening,

I want to pick up a ZT knife and have been looking at the 300 series. A "big" knife by all accounts but how big? Do any of you carry one and/or use one? I carry a Benchmade full size grip now. I just cannot get a feel for how big it is. I've seen pics and it doesn't seem that much bigger than the BM grip. The 350 is supposed to be very nice too but I like the frame lock.

Thank you.

2. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Did for awhile but not anymore. Had a couple actually and also a 200 but just couldn't get used to them and I EDC a Strider SMF. They were a bit too beefy for my taste but a great solid knife nonetheless.

3. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

The forum does sell Zero Tolerance. The 300 series is rather large. I have more 350's on the way.

4. sonny

sonny Empty Pockets

For a knife this big, a belt pouch will keep the space in your pocket intact.

Mine are Strider GB and AR carried that way.

5. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

i use a ZT0350CB, love that thing,, i dont think of it as big,,but it is on the large side of the average,,great blade and fits the hand
    as well as any, i like its lock-up and its assist too.. make all my others knives feel..well you know..get one you'll be glad you did..
    its a bit on the heavy side,, even for pocket carry it doesnt bother me ever..

6. TXTS

TXTS Empty Pockets

I use to EDC a 0350 and a 0300. After knife training I now EDC fix blades only. But I have to say that the 0300 line of ZT are of one the most affordable knife/tools in the market for the quality and construction.

7. CLBME

CLBME Empty Pockets

Thank you for the replies everyone.

I did see that you carry them here Jon thank you.

I still am just bit hesitant to pull the trigger due to the size. I would wear it on my belt I would assume. Just not sure if it's "ridiculously big" for a daily use knife. I use it in construction field so nothing too "fine" is ever done with it. I want something tough, etc. My Grip' has been great but the handle is a little small in width for me now, which is why I was looking at the ZT models.

8. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

The 0350 is a good alternate, large yet a slimmer profile for the pocket. That 10% reduction in size really makes a difference. I found it handier and it got carried more. Another option is the full sized Cyclone. I preferred its drop point blade for daily tasks over the recurves.

9. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I rotate a ZT 0200, 0300 and 0350 though my EDC knife carry. However, I'm a big guy, I like big knives and most of my folders are big. But I don't find the ZT's to be more burdensome than any of my other knives and they are generally much sturdier. If you want to try out the ZT's, an 0200 and an 0350 together cost about as much as a single 0300 series and the 0200 is as big as the 0300. Then you have the option of buying one of the 0300 knives later if you desire. I can almost guarantee that you won't be sorry if you buy any of the knives I mentioned.

10. CLBME

CLBME Empty Pockets

thank you Hatchetjack and Saniterra, Yes, I'm on the fence on the 350. By every account the liner lock is very beefy and the knife is very favorably reviewed, and the same with the 200. The 200 actually seems bigger than the 300 series from pictures I have seen? I was trying to spend once but that never happens!

11. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

The weight of the 0200 and 0300 is nearly identical. The 0200's blade is very slightly longer, pointer and not as wide as the 0300. Blade thickness is the same. Some of the 0200's extra weight comes from the liners which are very stout.

12. CLBME

CLBME Empty Pockets

Thanks Saniterra. I'm debating buying one as I am typing.

13. jda

jda Loaded Pockets

I have carried a 0302 every day for the past 11 months, and to be honest it realy does carry well given its size.

Consider that b/c the blade of the 0300 is wider then that of the 0200,(given the blades are the same thickness) the main bevel of the 0300 is more shallow and as a result it is a better slicer and is easier to sharpen.

14. flash900

flash900 Loaded Pockets

I suppose it depends upon how you intend to carry it -- pocket carry? -- and where you work.

I own the 0350 and it is much heavier than I am used to EDCing. I work in an office environment and even the smaller 0350 would not be appropriate, IMO.

15. CLBME

CLBME Empty Pockets

Thanks Jda and Flash900-

Flash900- I work in construction for myself. Outside all day. No problems with carrying anything really. I intend to make a sheath after considering the knife for work, but pocket carry outside of that.

Jda- good point. Had not thought of that aspect of the 30x model.

16. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

350's are in route to me right now as well as 200's. 300's are in stock right now.

17. NaOH

NaOH Loaded Pockets

I've been EDCing a ZT 302 for close to a year now (front/right pant pocket). It seemed big and heavy for a week and now I check to see if it's still there.

18. speedyturtle

speedyturtle Loaded Pockets

edit: what NaOh said, just about the 350 for me.

Get the 350, even for six ounces you forget its there in jeans or cargo shorts, and you still have plenty of room in the pocket, btw im 19, a smaller guy around 5'9 and it fits in my hand perfect and its weight causes me no problems, if anything it gives me confidence.

19. blade

blade Loaded Pockets

I am wearing a ZT 302 now for almost 2 years. In my mind its a great knife. But i guess you cant do anything wrong when buying a ZT knife, no matter if its a 300 or 350.

20. CLBME

CLBME Empty Pockets

Thank you Blade, Speedyturtle, NaOH, and Jon. It looks like I'll be getting a 30x knife here shortly as I'd really like to give it a try. I've yet to find anyone who has said anything negative about the ZT line or KAI. Customer service seems to be outstanding. Thank you.