1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

anybody honestly EDC a rifle or PCC?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by steviesterno, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Joe L. Bachs

Joe L. Bachs Empty Pockets

I don't carry a long gun on my person but I do keep an AR and 5 loaded 30rnd mags locked up in my trunk. I was lucky enough to pick up a locking gun rack from a police cruiser through a friend who has a business selling and dismantling retired squad cars. Hopefully I never need it but we live in a crazy world and it can't hurt to be prepared.

ran23 likes this.
  2. Goob469

Goob469 Loaded Pockets

This is something I have been looking into and thinking about. I just can't logistically figure out how to do in my truck. If you don't mind me asking -
    • What type of truck do you have - regular cab, extended cab or crew cab?
    • How did you mount the gun rack - over head, between the seats, behind or below the rear?
    Thanks.

3. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

I picked up a Tac 14 to make my travel gun, as it's as short as you can go without a tax stamp. too long. sold it. Sticking with pistols for now and a rifle in the truck.

when I get a free 5 minutes I'm going to switch my Law folder from an SBR to my pistol lower so I don't have to worry about state lines anymore.

4. Joe L. Bachs

Joe L. Bachs Empty Pockets

It's actually mounted in the trunk of an 89 BMW 325i which is my daily driver for spring, summer and fall. It's an older tufloc model locking rack, it took a little bit of modification to mount it but nothing too serious. I'm out of town on a fishing trip but when I get home I'll post some pictures of the set up.

5. Goob469

Goob469 Loaded Pockets

Apparently I can't read - trunk vs. truck! But thanks for the reply and the pending pictures.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk