1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anybody here Brand Addicted??

Discussion in 'Knives' started by warchild, May 29, 2013.

1. Spyderco dude

Spyderco dude Loaded Pockets

I used to own kershaw and a few others. Until I bought a spyderco. Now spyderco is all I buy. Can't beat their prices for what you get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2. crazysgt

crazysgt Loaded Pockets

Never been most of a brand fanboy, however, whatever works is what I like to stick with. I do think made in America is most important than brands though.

3. Freman

Freman Loaded Pockets

*wiggles flashing coin on a string*

You want a Cold Steel Espada XL, you want a Cold Steel Espada XL... (repeat ad nauseum).

Okay, that's not really a knife you'd use, if only because its main use would see you before the beak and sharing a cell with some guy called Bubba.

I just ordered an AK-47 though, and it seems like quite a good knife.

4. Survival Smurf

Survival Smurf Loaded Pockets

I don't consider myself much of a brand loyalist.
    Nice logos usually come with a big pricetag, and unfortunatly not always the quality to support it.

That said, I like Leatherman and Maxpedition.
    I have never been dissapointed in products from these companies.
    But due to my limited funds. I usually have to wait for some store to do a sale, or buy used on auction sites.

5. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

I might be able to get away with a Cold steel Espada XL, however my co-workers may think I've finally stepped over even for me:rofl:.

6. WichitaJLJ
    • In Omnia Paratus

WichitaJLJ Loaded Pockets

Doing great. It is a Sunday church kinda knife for me. It gets some rotation time.

How's the Packrat working for you sir?

GrayMouser likes this.
  7. jnsn

jnsn Loaded Pockets

i'm loving spyderco still. i think its the variety (steels, handle materials, blade shapes, designers, etc..) and amount of options for the money that keeps me coming back. plus the fact they make a point to produce sweet knives for areas with strict, specific laws. oh, and the spyderhole.

i also like how the owner keeps tabs on the forums and comments, educates, welcomes new members, etc..

at first i avoided them (especially the delica) because they reminded me of gas station counter/flea market knives.. it finally hit me that there must be a reason they were so counterfeit so i tried them and have yet to be disappointed. the delica ended up being in my top 3 favorites that i've owned lol..

8. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

I love Victorinox, Emerson, and Leatherman (if I can count MTs). I love a lot of other blades, too, but these ones are the ones I tend to keep on lugging around. I've let Emerson knives kick the Spydies, Benchmades, ZTs, and other knives in general out of my pockets for the most part. Can't remember the last time I didn't have one in my pocket. It must have been over a year ago.

9. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Expensive addiction! And nice knife:)

warchild likes this.
  10. GrayMouser

GrayMouser EDC Junkie!!!!!

It's in the rotation, for such a goofy looking knife it fits my hand well, and the blade shape is one of my favorites ever. Thanks again.

warchild and WichitaJLJ like this.
  11. Edward Teach
    • In Omnia Paratus

Edward Teach Loaded Pockets

While I don't consider myself a brand addict, I do usually find myself drawn towards Spydrco's product line. When I am considering a new knife purchase, I usually consider quality, functionality, value and aesthetic appeal. More often than not Spyderco gets higher grades by me overall in those categories than other brands do. Every once in awhile I do indulge the part of me that is drawn towards the type of knife that is nice to look at, hold and maybe even made of superior materials but is otherwise impractical for me personally. Then there are the occasions when I get something different for varieties sake.

warchild likes this.
  12. Flexxx

Flexxx BST/Marketplace ban

Pretty addicted to ESEE.

13. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

I'm model loyal. It's just that Spyderco currently makes (to me) the most interesting models with the best materials to the highest tolerances for the money. ;)

I did just buy a Fallkniven though. As a company they intrigue me.

14. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

I am 100% brand agnostic. I like lots of spydercos but because they are well designed not because they are spydercos.

15. ffbigdawg

ffbigdawg Loaded Pockets

I agree with Survival Smurf above. I see myself as more of a brand loyalist. If their products have been good to me, I'll continue buying from them over unknown manufacturers until they let me down. The addiction is in the gear itself. I am addicted to firearms and cutlery, Spyderco, Glock, and S&W have given me outstanding products thus far.

16. MadManBro

MadManBro Loaded Pockets

Off the top of my head I currently have:
    3 Bark River
    3 CRKT
    2 Spyderco
    2 Benchmade
    1 M.O.D.
    1 Victorinox
    1 Katz
    1 Lakota
    1 Leatherman
    1 Gerber
    So ... no?

17. brokedave

brokedave Uber Prepared

kershaw. but crkt is creeping up there

18. Syy

Syy Loaded Pockets

Used to be loyal to carhartt only. Then I found Duluth Trading Company. There stuff just holds up better and fits, functions better. Used to be loyal to smartwool socks, then I found Darn Tough socks. With Duluth and Darn Tough there is work wear that you can't wear out and when you do they will replace it.
    I am loyal to the spyderhole, doesn't matter what brand, currently one spyderco, one benchmade. Leatherman MT. Saddleback leather, especially wallets, I can't kill my medium billfold.

19. nmpops

nmpops Loaded Pockets

As far as pocket knives go Case and Victorinox are pretty much all I carry anymore.

20. Xader

Xader EDC Junkie

Of the top of my head, a few Kershaws, two Benchmade, one Buck, a couple made-in-Oregon Gerbers, one ZT, one Ka-Bar, and a boot knife by an old US maker that I can't remember off the top of my head.

So, nope! :)

Edit: just checked, the boot knife is a Camillus

Last edited by Xader, Aug 14, 2013