1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anybody Else own Klein Mini Ratchet

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by KD5JHA, Aug 4, 2021.

1. KD5JHA

KD5JHA Loaded Pockets

Anybody else own a Klein Mini Ratchet?
    (See Link)

I picked one up recently and was sort of disappointed at first blush with the fit and finish of my example. But I may be getting spoiled to the European tools I’ve been buying the last few years from Whia and Wera that cost double the price or more.

Am I being unfair?

Klein Tools 65200 Ratchet Set, 5-Piece Mini Ratchet Set with Phillips, Slotted, and Adapter for Other Socket Sizes, For Tight Spaces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D6YDQNH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_81KQH5KDCDDF33YHDAB2

2. victograph

victograph Loaded Pockets

I bought it thinking I would use one in my mini kit it was more bulky than I first thought and gave it to my son. Switched to a more compact driver which also takes bits in the handle end. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I just got one a couple of weeks ago, but haven’t used it yet. I carry a Chapman in my EDC pack and bought the Klein to put in another kit. My initial thought is that it’s decent quality and should be fine for my needs, but I really can’t say more until it gets some use.

4. KD5JHA

KD5JHA Loaded Pockets

I have to wonder how well they’re selling… Amazon sent me an extra one by mistake, I filed a claim to return it and they told me they didn’t want it back, just to keep it. refunded my money anyway. I’ll probably just give the spare to a friend.

I will probably get some use out of it don’t get me wrong, it’s just it seems to lack something that I can’t put my finger on one of those intangibles. I just was wondering if other people felt that way.

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I like mine for the times where I really need the slim head to get at tight fasteners.

6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

So spill the beans on this one then!?!

7. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Small ratchets: Chapman CM-13, the Victorinox Ratchet (but that's rather expensive), and the Topeak Ratchet Rocket Lite (only available as part of the set, sadly).

You can get the Chapman CM-13 easily enough in the US, and in the UK it's available through the Brownells UK website. I've got one of them, they're good kit, and really thin.

All the best :)

8. KD5JHA

KD5JHA Loaded Pockets

I already own the wera small ratchet that comes with the little tool check kit, and also are whia Screwdriver ratchet kit as well… Those were just a little bit more expensive then I really wanted to carry in my pocket and they function in a Little bit more fine manor.

I bought this unit, for one because I was looking for something a little bit more rugged to ride in the pocket, and more like a multi tool less like just a ratchet. It does seem to work that way, and I have been caring it every day for a couple of weeks now. I’m still just not 100% sure it will integrate into my system long-term because I’m not finding myself using it on the daily.

9. Travis Branch

Travis Branch Loaded Pockets

10. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

11. victograph

AK6962 Sealey Bit Driver Ratchet Micro 1/4" Hex Stainless Steel [Bit Sets] about $20 usd. Available on the big river site. I really like being able to use it either as a screwdriver or ratchet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Travis Branch likes this.
  12. victograph

Doesn’t really store bits in the handle, one bit can be inserted into the end of the handle so that it can be used as a screwdriver, or the bit can be put in the ratchet end for more leverage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thanks for clarifying that for me.
    Not what I was hoping but handy it seems too.

14. Travis Branch

Travis Branch Loaded Pockets

Thanks