1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anybody EDC Leather Gloves?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Badger375, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Badger375
    • In Omnia Paratus

Badger375 Loaded Pockets

I tend to EDC some leather gloves in my bag in most cases. I cant remember how many times they've saved me from being torn up by buckthorn and black locust.

I also wouldn't feel as comfortable batoning firewood without them. Anybody else?

2. littlequick
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

littlequick EDC junkie

<--- Mechanix

Mighty Max and lnytunes like this.
  3. Brisket

Brisket Loaded Pockets

I carry a pair of goatskin gloves & Nitrile gloves in my bag. In my truck I keep Nitrile, goatskin and heavy duty fencing gloves.

4. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

1. Many nitrile gloves in various containers/pockets of my bag
    2. A pair of well broken in work gloves cinched into one of the side compression straps.
    3. Mechanix gloves in jacket pocket along with a rogues gallery of cold weather gloves/mittens. These I consider relatively light duty, slightly protective and to be kept away from excessive friction or heat sources at all costs. Fast moving roping will melt a sheen into the synthetic palms of most Mechanix gloves and will then proceed to transfer friction heat to your skin at a prodigious rate.
    ATB,
    Sam

5. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Black leather under the gun and brown (really nice) leather beside it. Depends on what I am doing as to which I wear

6. llamaman

llamaman Loaded Pockets

I use 5.11 atacs, and they have saved my hands more times then I can count, and they are warm and i can still write with them on, which is great. we also are issued non latex medical gloves which are in a pouch on my duty belt.

7. patrat

patrat Loaded Pockets

5.11 AKL gloves(full leather outside, full kevlar inside) in the jacket, 1 pair nitrile disposable in EDC bag, quality leather work gloves at home or in truck.

Last edited by patrat, Feb 27, 2013
  8. automaticjack

automaticjack Loaded Pockets

Nitrile gloves in bag, driving gloves in car, riggers gloves in car boot (trunk).

9. Badger375
    • In Omnia Paratus

Badger375 Loaded Pockets

Nice. I only bring nitriles when I'm at work for the chemicals we have to handle. Have a few of those among other gloves with my PPE as well as my EDC bag.

10. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

I was actually going to point out the Gloves thread that was already existing but then thinking to the title Re: Anybody EDC Leather Gloves? I decided bring up my leather ones only ;)

I also carry plenty of nitrile & have (just not "edc") several other pairs of gloves (even a pair for razor wire!) but those ^^ are the only leather ones I carry :D

Sent from my Mobile Command Center via Tapatalk II

11. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

I do also. The ones in my work bag were backups for the ones I used in my previous job. I keep a set in my other bag just in case. I also keep a set in my carry on bag in case of inflight trouble / use at destination.

I also keep a pair in my heavier jackets.

Most of the gloves are from Ace Hardware I picked when I had a coupon. They're in the good enough category in case I lose them.

12. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

in one of my bags, yes
    keep a pair of mechanix in the truck too

13. zombieslayer001

Yep I do! I highly recommend the ones made by the Justin Boots company! Way soft and comfortable!

14. Crew
    • In Omnia Paratus

Crew Loaded Pockets

Driving gloves count?

Vintage Hurst Shifters.

15. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

Getting fancy up in 'chere

Sent from my Mobile Command Center via Tapatalk II

16. Badger375
    • In Omnia Paratus

Badger375 Loaded Pockets

I usually just wear my leathers if my hands start to freeze while driving. Prolly not the smartest but it is what it is.

17. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have stretch cotton gloves with a rubberized palm for handling ropes on the back of the bus:
    [​IMG]

18. 95yjinpa
    • In Omnia Paratus

95yjinpa Loaded Pockets

Hatch gloves, everyday/every time I venture outside (I am in a wheelchair, and need them to stop n' go).

19. Rrrino43

Rrrino43 Loaded Pockets

in my moab10(work bag) lives an old issue slash proof pair of hatch gloves, seeing as we get to order a new pair every year I put one in my rush72(deployment/grab bag).In my moab6 I just have disposable rubber gloves.

20. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I wear black, insulated leather gloves on most winter days. They are the only gloves that can keep my hands warm while still being nimble enough and giving a secure enough grip to safely and comfortably drive a car.

When I go backcountry skiing in really cold temperatures, I normally wear a pair of mechanic's gloves with goatskin palms and fingers inside my fleece lined GoreTex mittens. They are great as anti contact gloves when fiddling with bindings, the pulk harness, the cooking stove, bottle stops, multi tools, shovel handles and other cold, fidgety metal objects.

I also keep both nitrile gloves and a pair of said mechanic's gloves in the glove compartment of my car. Yes! Actual gloves in the glove compartment! Can you believe that?