1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any winter changes?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Jay-uk, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

This year I used a Moochi drawstring with lightweight kit as a trail which worked super well, as the weathers just turned im back to the R12 and throwing in the coat hat and gloves.

Do you have a winter bag or winter loadout you switch to?

2. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Loaded Pockets

I change over from my regular carry Trident-20 to a Rush 72. Extra hat, gloves, full change of clothes, extra layers, towel, extra food, water, rain shell, etc. I am often in the tall and uncut alone and it can get pretty cold and/or wet at times. So far it has worked out well for me.

3. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Good call better , think I will add more :)

4. Medic1

Medic1 Loaded Pockets

This week the weather is supposed to drop into the teens. I may load up my Mountain Hardware Ozonic 65. If there is freezing rain or just gets wet it is waterproof. It's a little big for EDC but I'm one of those emergency preparedness guys. It will be used in an urban area yet if a problem comes up or if delayed getting home after dark I like having my gear on hand to make it easier and warmer on myself. As I'm getting older a well thought out pack gives me a comfort zone.

twin63 and Jay-uk like this.
  5. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Good call i always think this time of year it might be a lifesaver for someone else, unprepared motorist etc

6. Jay PS

Jay PS Loaded Pockets

I add a pair of gloves, hat, thermal shirt, hand warmers, and change my food kit a bit. I try and stay in the same pack which is really pretty podular at this point and pretty easy to change out. I'm using the GORUCK GR1 now but am planning on changing out to a TAD Fastpack EDC or the Evade in the next couple of weeks. I really like the GORUCK for the most part but am looking for a better option for when I pack my Surface Pro.

Jay-uk likes this.
  7. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I add a hat, gloves, and a fleece wrap to my regular EDC. I work 500 yards from my apartment, so I don't typically need to carry anything more if just going to work and back home. I work for a Blood Bank, though, so if the weather is really bad and there is a possibility that I may have to "man the ship" overnight, I'll change over to a Kelty MAP 3500 and carry a change of clothes and some toiletries along with my standard EDC loadout.

Jay-uk likes this.
  8. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

My only winter change is a coat and a bigger gun. :D

9. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

Throw duffel bag full of winter gear* into the truck, in case I find myself out for an unscheduled hike.

* - coat, bibbies, hat, gloves, neck-gator-thing, socks, snow boots

Jay-uk likes this.
  10. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I don't add any winter gear or change my bag, all I do is get out the winter coat which already has my hat, gloves, and scarf stuffed in the pockets. I don't edc a bag, I just carry one when I am at work, so the bag only changes when the job or the load out the job requires changes, not because of the season.

11. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

12. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

I switch to a bigger backpack to keep in my car. Like others have said, I need more room for extra layers and clothes since I live in MI.

It's the LA police gear operator backpack (insert joke here). The construction isn't up to 5.11, Maxpedition, Vanquest, etc but it is good enough for what I need it for. Hard to beat for $50 and almost 3000 cubic inches.

twin63 likes this.