1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any TOPS aficionados in the house?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by inmypocket, Dec 1, 2011.

1. inmypocket

inmypocket Empty Pockets

I got a Tops Ferret and the kydex sheath is seriously ill fitted.....Is this a Tops thing thats normal or do I need to send it back? I can make a new one but I just got the knife and it kind of tics me off that the sheath is so bad.

2. calebklyne

calebklyne Loaded Pockets

I had a mocchisin ranger and the sheath was functional but not great

3. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

I love their designs, I just can't afford the ones I really want.

4. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

Contact them. They seemed really concerned with customer service when I bought from them a couple years ago.

5. inmypocket

inmypocket Empty Pockets

If you ever wanted a Badger Pup I got one for sale or trade in the market...I like some of their designs..then I buy them and don't. I did buy the Ferret and it is nice.

6. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

Yes, I have a TOPS Ferret that I really like. Small and solid. The Kydex sheath is functional but not exactly symmetrical or close fitting to all surfaces of the knife handle.

I think their stuff is a bit overpriced for 1095 carbon steel but I really like my Ferret and I know they have lots of fans. For a long time I lusted after a Baghdad Boxcutter, but settled for a small Boker CLB fixed blade. seems just as sturdy and a lot less expensive. I think the Boker is 440 or AUS 6 or 8 also, not 1095. A bit more rust resistant, although most of the Ferret blade is coated.

7. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

I have the California cobra. It's a pretty good knife and the sheath fits nicely. I have to say that it came so dull I couldn't cut paper... Literally... It took hours of work with a diamond sharpener to fix the problem. I wish my state allowed carry of double edged knives.

8. RonReagan

RonReagan Loaded Pockets

I almost bought some of their knives, but hesitated because of the prices for the materials used. I really like some of their designs though.