1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any SOG Twitch XL EDC'rs?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Drobax, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Drobax

Drobax Loaded Pockets

I just picked up one of these and love it to death. It's my first SOG knife and it's built like a tank. For my EDC knives, I prefer a larger blade (3"-3.5" max) and I also prefer the deeper pocket clip like the SOG has. I do have to say that it isn't nearly as fast assisted compared to my Kershaw models, like the Packrat or Cyclones.

Now the problem that I'm having is: Will this replace my Benchmade 550HG as my EDC knife? I'm not sure at this moment. Around the house, I'll pocket both to mess around with. But the Twitch XL just feels solid and looks like a modern marvel to me. The Griptilian, is a work-horse and even though that it is new, I still don't mind get it dirty.

Which would you carry if you had both? BM 550 Grip or SOG Twitch XL? (Keep in mind that it's legal for me to carry either one)

What are your guys thoughts on the Twitch XL? I find the 3.25" blade and the 4.2 oz weight to feel just right. And it's SO thin in the pocket.

Thanks....

2. danbo27

danbo27 Loaded Pockets

Carry both..that's why ya got 4 pockets.. :woohoo:

3. Drobax

Drobax Loaded Pockets

Ha!!! I should of known that was coming.... lol...

Actually am carrying both at the moment. The SOG just disapears in your pocket due to how thin it is and the clip.

4. danbo27

danbo27 Loaded Pockets