1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any smart watch users?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by dml24, Nov 10, 2016.

1. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Nice! I was thinking about getting the Samsung Gear S3 myself. What stopped me before was not being able to use different watch bands, and I see from the reviews on youtube that you can use any 22mm watch band. Plus the S3 looks a bit more manly.

brandaves likes this.
  2. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

and here is a pic of my watch

[​IMG]

and I really LOVE the sunrise/sunset times.

3. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

I wear a fenix 3. I like it a lot. I never wore a watch before but this is so much more than a clock.

4. isoarska

isoarska Loaded Pockets

I am wearing old Pebble Time and it has all I require for a watch: decent battery (about 5 days), very good notification support for Android, quite good smart alarm and that is it.

I had Sony Smartwatch 3 for a while but I could not get past the abysmal battery time. I also realized I had absolutely zero use for most of the bells & whistles.

5. alessandro.salvi

alessandro.salvi Empty Pockets

Gear S3 here. Amazing watch.

6. DFW_Jose

DFW_Jose Loaded Pockets

I got a Moto 360 Second Gen last year free as part of a promotion with a Moto X Pure phone that I bought. Loved the look of the watch but battery life and HR accuracy left a lot to be desired. I was charging the watch nightly because I would be able to get through the second day without it dying. Replaced it (and the phone) last winter and now have a Garmin Fenix 3 HR. Not as fancy as the Moto 360 but it's a solid watch as far as the fitness tracker stuff and battery life. Unless I do a lot of GPS tracking while I'm hiking, I easily go a week between charges. Great watch and haven't decided if I will upgrade to the newest Fenix or not yet.

7. Denix

Denix Loaded Pockets

Fenix 3. I've had it for 2 years now. Absolutely love it. Great training watch.

8. Paulgl26

Paulgl26 Loaded Pockets

Samsung gear s3 for the last 4 months
    The only time I use a Gshock is when I work on cars
    Love the watch, got a leather band for it and all my other watches are in my nightstand

9. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

My Samsung Gear S3 Frontier came in yesterday. I'll try it out for 14 days to see if I like it or not.

[​IMG]

andrej and (deleted member) like this.
  10. chevyscrounger

chevyscrounger Loaded Pockets

I've had mine for about 2 weeks and really like it. Takes a little adjustment to get used to wearing a watch because I've never wore one before. Swapping to a 2 piece nato made it way more comfortable. I'd probably like it more if I actually had a Samsung phone instead of a iphone. Looks like you've got good tastes in Watch faces. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrej likes this.
  11. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Yes, you're losing quite a lot of functionality without having the phone. The samsung gear app on the phone, plus samsung pay, allows a lot more watch faces to be downloaded, plus synching with your calendar, email, text messages. Not to mention the call forwarding from your phone, for those times you don't have your phone on you, so that you don't miss an important phone call.

12. Datu

Datu Loaded Pockets

I am an avowed watch nut. From high end to Sinn, Seiko, GShock, and Suunto. But the most useful has been the Apple. I like the GPS direction thing, and the vibration alarm as well as the email. I use it to travel.

13. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

So who is going to take a leap for the first time or upgrade this fall? Lots of new stuff, iwatch has cellular option now, new fitbit and a couple others on the way in the coming months. Now that the iwatch has cellular and some more fluid software as well as good kick in memory I might take my first dive. I had been leaning towards the Garmin Vivoactive HR for awhile, but it doesn't look like it will get a refresh this year. I am integrated into the iOS ecosystem so this might be my first "smartwatch" depending on the reviews.

14. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

I just jumped in and ordered a Samsung S3 Classic. We'll see ....

15. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I am wearing a first-generation Pebble, which is practically an antique as smartwatches go. It was the first commercial smartwatch. I got it for $18 to try out the concept of a smartwatch and decided it's probably smart enough for me.

Pros:
    + great battery life
    + tactile buttons
    + good text display / response options
    + good phone call interface
    + other useful watch features (timer, stopwatch)

Cons:
    - clunkier than some of the newer models
    - the one I have is red (but only because it was cheaper)
    - difficult to replace in the future

Relative:
    • non-color paper display (I like it, but some may not)
    • no voice functions
    • no touchscreen
    • band is low-maintenance, low-style plastic

All-in-all, I really like it and will probably snag a black Pebble or a newer version soon.

16. isoarska

isoarska Loaded Pockets

I can recommend Pebble Time. Functionality is pretty much the same but the watch looks bit more acceptable. I am probably going to wear it until it dies on my wrist...

17. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

How well does the voice control work? Can you dictate reminders and texts?

18. isoarska

isoarska Loaded Pockets

I have to admit I have never even tried that. I speak Finnish and Pebble Time most likely does not understand that. I use the watch pretty much only to mirror certain notifications.

19. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I got a refurbished Pebble Time on Groupon. I really like the improvements over the original Pebble. It is less obtrusive to wear and the band is far more comfortable.

recklesstryg likes this.
  20. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Well, I've had my Samsung Gear S3 Frontier for a whole year now, and I have to say that it's really become indispensable for me. I use it to make payments at the register, and there is always someone going to comment about how cool that is. But mainly I find it more convenient to pay that way and I try to earn points towards winning something. I also use it a lot to locate my phone when I'm at home.

One of the good things I do like is being able to change the watch face. I usually get tired of looking at the same watch face after a while and I simply change the display, it keeps it interesting.