1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any Photography nerds? What's your kit?

Discussion in 'Photography EDC' started by C.Boland93, Oct 3, 2014.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

A galaxie with my sony rx100 vi[​IMG]

mnhoj, kikaida, poe47 and 1 other person like this.
  2. tensixteen

tensixteen Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

My Everyday Fotogkit

Moshe ben David and ran23 like this.
  3. dan.05

dan.05 Loaded Pockets

Some stuff. Pardon the kids floor mat. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

I'm more interested in those Oreo's...

5. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

l would love to see Minox build a digital camera into one of those classic bodies.
    Micro SD and a battery hidden under the moving cover, unlock to slide off (like the baseplate on a digital leica) 10-12mp with massive dynamic range and iso ability, bluetooth/wifi for reviewing pictures - I would even be happy with a good EVF with focus peaking instead of a proper optical viewfinder.
    I would carry one every day, I would prefer a fast 50mm equivalent prime lens, but 35 would be great too...

Last edited by echo63, Sep 1, 2018
    #685 echo63, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    tensixteen and dmwhiteman like this.
  6. dan.05

dan.05 Loaded Pockets

Photographer food. Good for track days. Sugar hit, fills the tum tum and doesn’t leave your fingers a mess. Oreos = photographers food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MCPOWoller likes this.
  7. mnhoj

mnhoj Loaded Pockets

Big nerd here.
    Started with a Nikon DSLR kit. D50>>>>D700. Went to mirrorless. M43, Sony, Fuji, back and forth a few three times. Now have an X-T1 and a few lenses. My compact, full, everyday kit.
    [​IMG]Untitled by john matsu, on Flickr

#687 mnhoj, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    kikaida and MCPOWoller like this.
  8. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Fuji makes some great cameras. Good choice!

MCPOWoller likes this.
  9. Ross2187
    • +1 Supporter

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

Always been a Canon guy. Been many years since I've had a new camera. Last I was gifted was a Rebel T2i which I love and have fully kitted out, does me very well when I travel with full kit. But I admit it's a pain in the :censored: to travel with. I have a Fujifilm X100f coming on Monday and I'm very excited about it's size and capability, it'll be a big jump in every way. I admit I was scared about the possibility of a new edition coming out soon, but just decided to get under it.

10. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Dont worry, the new model coming out won't change the ability of the one you own.
    My original X100 is still a great camera, sure it doesn't quite keep up with the X100F, but it still takes great photos - just get it out, use the hell out of it, and in 2-3 years when its heavily worn, keep it as a backup and upgrade to the newest version.

The biggest things I found when I got my X100 were getting used to the fixed 35mm FOV - it always felt a little wide to me (more of a 50mm guy) and the glacial autofocus of the the original model (was improved dramatically by Firmware 2.0 - the F should be much better)

the built in ND and leaf shutter that syncs at 1/1000 is great fun is you ever shoot outdoors with flash

mnhoj likes this.
  11. Ross2187
    • +1 Supporter

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

Kind words, thank you!

I became so attracted to the x100 line as I was constantly using my T2i with a 40mm lens, which I know for a crop sensor magnify yada yada.. I'm just really excited to use it for some high quality street and landscape stuff. I do admit that it's teleconverters are pulling at me.. They may be next.

12. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I thought about the T/Cs, but upgraded to a Leica M240 with a 50mm lens before they were released.
    I got way too frustrated with my X100 with the initial firmware, and upgraded about a week before the v2.0 firmware was released and woke the camera performance up.

Last edited by echo63, Sep 24, 2018
    #692 echo63, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  13. Ross2187
    • +1 Supporter

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

I got my X100f today, and while I know it's a pro-ish model camera, maaaan is a huge upgrade from my T2i. Definitely reading my way though the manual!

I've played with it before, and it's still just a delight. I love it! I'm very excited to dive into it,

I do admit, after playing with it all day it's a little off putting that the on/off-shutter switch assembly has a little wiggle, but this seems to be a common complaint. So there's that.

mnhoj likes this.
  14. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

I want an xt-3 :D.

15. Rescueme

Rescueme Loaded Pockets

I’ve just bought a second hand Canon M100 Mirrorless, heavens had opportunity to use it yet. The connectivity of Bluetooth and WiFi is very exciting. I have a Nikon D90 too, but that’s just too big to carry day to day. Once I’ve found a suitable case the M100 will be part of my EDC.

mnhoj likes this.
  16. Ross2187
    • +1 Supporter

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

I sent my X100f back in to be replaced about the wobbly on/off switch, which the store will. After I visited my LCS, they confirmed it was an issue.

Now on to the most pressing issue, I need a new camera bag..

I'm torn between the Protactic 250, and 350, and I would love your thoughts!

I'll be carrying my X100f on a bracket with grip, the TCL and WCL lenses, charger and spare batteries, filter, remote trigger, manfrotto pixi mini tripod, sd cards, etc.

A Gopro (Session or Hero 4 Silver) and its bits and bobs. An Aputure m9 and its case. (Maybe without case...) An external battery, Kingston G3, external hard drive, extra point and shoot for giggles, and ipad. Main tripod on the back.

There also comes the very rare chance I'll be taking my Canon AE-1 with the 50mm, and another small or medium lens.

And of course I hope to get my wallet and keys in there as well. I would also really love to squeeze a shell or fleece in.

I've got a Hatchback 22L which is a great bag, but I'm also looking to add access on either side of the bag, hence the Protactic.

Thanks!

17. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I am not a fan of Lowepro bags, they tend to look worn very quickly, and I managed to tear the top handles of two of their rollers in 6 months.

I would look at Thinktankphoto or Mindshiftgear instead (same company, Thinktank make bombproof bags for professionals, Mindshift make lightweight packs for outdoor photographers)