1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any Photography nerds? What's your kit?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by C.Boland93, Oct 3, 2014.

1. dan.05

dan.05 Loaded Pockets

The point of this display of photos is, learn how to use your kit to its potential. My camera is bottom to mid range. And it's a few years old but it takes some nice photos when you get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. dan.05

dan.05 Loaded Pockets

Oh and I just covered the WTAC and saw everyone carrying a trendy bag from the speedhunters site. Looks nice but I don't know how it feels after wearing it all day. My rush 24 was loaded and barely left my back. Felt great at the end of the day. Pick your bag wisely as you will be wearing it for a long time to move fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Maxel

Maxel Empty Pockets

A few macros, all taken by iPhone & Olloclip lens system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Maxel

Maxel Empty Pockets

But even single iPhone can take great shots, w/ some Snapseed post-production indeed :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moshe ben David likes this.
  5. cbbr

cbbr Loaded Pockets

iPhones are great, but there is a tool for every job and a DSLR with good glass still has its place...

[​IMG]

6. FLbeachbum

FLbeachbum Loaded Pockets

That is beautiful. What glass did you use?

cbbr likes this.
  7. cbbr

cbbr Loaded Pockets

Thanks - Nikon 200mm f/4 AF-D Macro with 6 SB-R200's. Its my go-to bug catcher. Not light or cheap, but brutally sharp and consistent. You have to be careful with diamonds and jewelry - it will clearly show the flaws...

8. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

I think that I've narrowed my selection to a D5300 with 18-140 lens. This will be my first DSLR. Owners please give me some feedback before purchase. Thanks!

Jeff

9. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

Like many photographers, we have a ton of stuff that we simply don't use. What I do find myself using quite a bit though are black and white foam boards from the dollar store. Rigid, cheap and does the job. From Neewer, I got a 5-in-1 type reflector/screen kit. Works great for my outdoor portraits. My shutter remote is a blessing. When I running studio type work, I have a setup from Cowboy Studio that I found at a garage sale for $40. Two continues light boxes, several umbrellas, boom arm, and backdrop stand. While they don't necessary have a reputation for being high quality, I haven't run into an issue yet with them.

I read an article a little bit ago about amateur vs the pros that everyone should read:
    https://www.boredpanda.com/ugly-location-photograpy-subway-vijce/

10. cbbr

cbbr Loaded Pockets

If I have learned anything over the years its that ugly is very subjective and creative minds tend to look for interesting rather than "pretty" or "ugly".

This is an example of "ugly" that caught my eye at 80mph. I turned around, shot a few and then made it my own.

[​IMG]

11. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

12. cbbr

cbbr Loaded Pockets

Nice! I shoot those too - I have a Performance Center Ported M&P 9 and love it.

13. sarge1967

sarge1967 Loaded Pockets

It has been some time since I have posted on this forum.
    My photography kit has completely changed. I have gone over to Fujifilm. I have an X-Pro2 and an X-T1. I have the 23 f/2, 35 f/2, and 50 f/2 lenses along with several Godox TT350F speedlights. I am able to fit most of my kit in a Think Tank Turnstyle 10 V2. I EDC that bag. If I need everything I use my Pelican 1510 roller case. I also have a Mindshift Gear Side path back pack that I use if I head to the woods. I just ordered t he newly released Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L. I look forward to trying this bag out. I really like PD's stuff.

14. SuzukiGS750EZ

15. cbbr

cbbr Loaded Pockets

Nice! That 600 really reaches out. I shot the eclipse at 280mm and it was not nearly enough.

16. SuzukiGS750EZ

Crop body as well. Thinking of getting the 1.4x converter as well

17. SuzukiGS750EZ

Canon 5D Mark V when it comes out... YUP It'll be my full frame along with my 80D

18. s3k0j

s3k0j Loaded Pockets

I've got a m4/3 kit that has served me well for a while. Olympus EM-10II with the O9-18/4-5.6, O12-40/2.8, O40-150/4-5.6 and an old Panasonic GF1 permanently welded to a P20/1.7 (love it). Whole kit plus accessories fits in a small camera backpack, one of the big benefits of the crop sensor mirrorless cameras. Makes EDC that much easier, though I'd be lying if I said I lug the whole kit around all the time...