1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any Photography nerds? What's your kit?

Discussion in 'Photography EDC' started by C.Boland93, Oct 3, 2014.

1. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Some older photographers may jump at that, but CPS was a Kodak Professional 35 mm film, with standard processing.

2. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

You should be able to get standard film processed at quite a couple places and get digital scans from it. I myself still develop b/w film at home as it's quite easy and i use a negative scanner to get them on my computer and/or send them to a printing service.

sungame and ran23 like this.
  3. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Oh, I miss my darkroom days, this is colour, and I think my local place sends all 35 mm out.

4. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

5. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

Is that squirrel shot digital?
    It looks like Agfa 100 35mm.

6. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

Try Adorama. They may still do 35.

ran23 likes this.
  7. SuzukiGS750EZ

Yes, shot on a canon 80D with a Tamron 150-600 G2. I shoot RAW so maybe it's my post editing technique :)
    The white balance may be slightly off

baccar-3 likes this.
  8. topazbullet

topazbullet Loaded Pockets

Leica CL with Voigtlander 40mm 1.4 is the best fast/compact setup I've tried. The CL is really underrated, I sold my M6 for it and pocketed the $600 difference. Not my picture, but I use the same setup:

[​IMG]

pacrawshaw, echo63, baccar-3 and 4 others like this.
  9. Westerdutch

Cool to find someone who still shoots film, how have you been able withstand the lure of the digital age?

10. topazbullet

Honestly, I'm lazy and prefer film. Only have to deal with 36 frames. With digital you end up sorting through hundreds!

Moshe ben David and Adam Ng like this.
  11. Westerdutch

Well... You don't have to shoot thousands of pictures but i do agree with you that when using film one tends to think more and shoot less. A quality over quantity thing really. Can be a good thing but in today's instant gratification world having to develop film before you can see or show your work will eventually start to eat at you... Do you not shoot digital at all? My om2 doesn't get half the time she deserves.

12. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

You're not a photo nerd until you get in to lightings and modifiers. I use 4 Bowen, Calumet mono blocks with soft boxes in house. When I'm out I have a choice from two set of cheaper Novatrons in 1000 and 600w/s with 5 heads and umbrellas.

echo63 likes this.
  13. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

So true. I came back from Paris once with 200+ pictures on my phone and 2 rolls of bw's in my M6.

14. topazbullet

My iPhone tends to be good enough for digital pics I want, which fall under the "show that I was there" category. Everything really interesting I try to put on film!

15. Westerdutch

Respect. I use my iPhone too for those quick snaps but for the better stuff i really prefer a half decent digital camera. Don't get me wrong, film still has a place in my heart but i don't think i could even get a single flash setup working properly on my old analog. I'm way too used to and spoiled by the digital era to fully be able to think those kinds of things through off the top of my head.

16. SuzukiGS750EZ

Took a few with my Canon 80D and Tamron 150-600 G2 the other day. First hawk of the year, a red shouldered hawk.

[​IMG]34 by Christopher Wilson, on Flickr

[​IMG]39 by Christopher Wilson, on Flickr

Two of the fifty million i took, just randomly picked. You can see the others if you click on the pictures i believe.

17. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I want a DSLR in the worst way.
    But I'll never get a job that will let me get one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

18. SuzukiGS750EZ

You can find a decent DSLR for less than 500$. The latest and greatest isn't always needed. Keep in mind that for the most part resolution (MP) will allow you to make a larger printed photo or crop in and keep the quality of the photo more than just "the quality" of the photo. Some 5 or even 7 year old sensors are still very much relevant. What are you interested in taking photo's of? If it's wildlife and such, a crop sensor DSLR (and usually the more affordable option) would suite you well because of the crop factor (read about crop sensors, too much to type) where as photography of landscapes and human subjects are better suited on full frame cameras (again, research). You can pick up a good used kit with lenses for 300-500$ or even less. Start simple, learn and move up in the world as you get there.

kikaida likes this.
  19. UsubM

UsubM Loaded Pockets

What are your thoughts on the 6D? I have a Rebel SL1 that I got a little over a year ago as a starter camera and am looking to upgrade to either a 70D or 6D. Is full-frame worth the investment?

The SL1 is pretty nice for hiking. You can't get much smaller or lighter than that and still have a DSLR, especially when paired with the 24mm STM pancake lens

20. SuzukiGS750EZ

What do you find yourself shooting most? Full frame is useful for some. But again, depends what you shoot. If you are looking at the 70d, I would urge you to go to the 80d, if you want value for the price, go 77d. Canon aps-c can use ef or ef-s lenses, ff is only ef. So that factors in as well if you own a bunch of ef-s lenses. There are good and bad qualities to both. Aps-c benefits the wildlife world with crop factor, ff benefits with better low light performance and indoor shooting is easier because of no crop factor. Resolution and dynamic range are catching up fast with newer technology