1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any "Onebaggers" ?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Mester, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Bauzen

Bauzen Loaded Pockets

I have a few bags, but only one has been getting used for the past year since I've gotten it.
    Bailey Works Two-Strap Work Bag has been my go to for everything.
    • The large size is as big as a carry on can be, and it expands/contracts as you need it to wear bigger or smaller.
    • I've carried a full week of clothing, two DSLRs + 2 Lenses, and still had room for souvenirs to come back with me on several trips this past summer.
    • When I go to Muay Thai, I've got room for shinguards, two pairs of boxing gloves, bag gloves, shorts, wraps, anklets, my mouthguard, cup, a full change of clothes and a laundry bag for sweaty gym clothes.
    • Never found a load of groceries I couldn't fit into this bag.
    • It's waterproof, can be washed with a garden hose after turning the liner inside out, built with thick cordura, made in New Hampshire, and comes with a lifetime warranty.
    I challenge anyone to find me a better one-bag-to-do-it-all.

[​IMG]

vicentedepablo and BrianEDC like this.
  2. Tizi

Tizi Loaded Pockets

1 bag? Geez impossible. I have too many bags, but here goes:

Backpack Work Bags: Tom Bihn Synapse 19 - EDC
    Messenger/Brief Work Bag: Tom Bihn Imago / Tom Bihn Cadet for 11 MBA/ Tom Bihn Pilot (on the way)
    Hiking: Tom Bihn Smart Alec
    Travel Bag: Tom Bihn Tri Star / Tom Bihn Aeronaut
    Gadget Bag: Tom Bihn Co-Pilot
    Get Home Bag (stays in my car): The Northface Recon

If I had to choose just 1, it would be the Synapse 19. Might change my mind once I get my hands on the Pilot.

BrianEDC and powerring like this.
  3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

You need to look at the Tom Bihn site you might like the gear?:p

I am thinking of upsizing from the 19 to the 25.
    The 19 is maybe my favorite all time bag!
    Along with all of my other Bihns of course.

4. Tizi

Tizi Loaded Pockets

It doesn't hurt that I work very close to the Tom Bihn plant... ;) or maybe it isn't such a good idea? I have been using the bags for work in a corporate environment, travel leisure and work, camping, and hiking, etc. These bags are handcrafted in my own town and are enormously useful and durable. Pretty much the only bags I use. Each one has a purpose and they all get regular use.

The 25 looks like a great bag, but for larger loads I use the Smart Alec or Aeronaut. I couldn't justify the purchase. ;)

5. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

That's me!
    I've been using the same swiss army pack for 3+ years.
    Used it throughout high school, everyday in college, on hikin trips, overnight gear, shooting and hunting trips, at events, etc.
    Still holds up fine. One strap needed some repair a month after I got it and actually today I broke off a zipper fob (fixed with a split ring), but it is still goin strong.

Mester likes this.
  6. romac

romac Loaded Pockets

I am. Forever I used an old cheap high sierra, which got replaced with a pygmy falcon II. It's my edc work bag, range bag, diaper bag, hiking pack, gym bag, overnighter - literally anything I need a bag for.

Sent from my iPhone

7. BrianEDC

BrianEDC Loaded Pockets

I'm really glad to hear this bag is working so well for you - especially after seeing some of the challenges you had in finding a good match (TADs, etc.).

Great example that one bag may fit one person, but one size does not fit all.

8. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

It looks like it hurts pretty good to me!

I live 2000 miles from Bihn but.......

3 Brain Bags,Se,EB,Synapse,Imago,TS,I think you get the idea.

I never saw one I don't like,even the ones that I don't like!

9. Bauzen

Bauzen Loaded Pockets

The size is deceiving... The Bailey bag actually cinches down with straps to collapse into a small bag when you don't need the main compartment to be large. I've carried as little as just a small stack of papers tightly within the main pocket, and the bag sat firmly against my back with no looseness.

It's equally as impressive in handling the small tasks as the larger payloads.

Absolutely perfect for me.

10. Wade1234

Wade1234 Empty Pockets

aside from overnight backpacking/climbing trips, i use my kifaru x-ray for everything, literally

11. MiteyF

MiteyF Loaded Pockets

I'm one of these few people... I've got one bag I use for EVERYTHING (Maxped Jumbo). Exceptions of course include non-EDC stuff... backpacking, traveling etc, where you actually need SPACE. But as far as EDC, yes... just the one. And I hope to keep it that way.

12. Buzzcut

Buzzcut Loaded Pockets

I'm very interested in this post, as I'm looking for a good multipurpose bag.

I currently use a CountyComm XL BOB as a general work/gear bag. It's been wonderful--great organization, rugged. I've received many compliments from people who've seen it. However, It isn't very good at carrying bulkier items like sneakers, jackets, or spare clothing, etc. I want a bag that can carry my work gear, but also sub as a gym bag, overnight/weekend travel bag, day hike bag, and maybe (in a pinch) a multiday carry-on travel bag.

Current contenders seem to be: TNF Recon, 5.11 Cvrt 18, Osprey Momentum 34, Camelbak Urban Assault.

This conversation has been quite informative. Thank you to anyone who has contributed.

Mester likes this.
  13. zatoichi

zatoichi Loaded Pockets

I tell people I am cheap, but for me buying new bags and gear are real extravagance. Can I get by with one bag? No. I have many.

My EDC varies from a Maxped Neatfreak and a Maxped Vulture II. The Vulture II is a bit like a my BOB, but whatever I carry has to have stuff to keep me from getting bored.

Although I will eventually get a Kifaru Zulu that will replace my Vulture II. I expect to keep that bag underfilled as I will have most of what I want or need for a BOB in the trunk of my car. The load will be relevant to the disaster that does happen. I will set it up so that packing will take 5-10 minutes.

I have a couple travel bags. I have a carry on (Doppel Duffle) and a regular check in bag.

I also have a few duffle bags-used for laundry and storage.

If I have several hours lead time, I also have a large frame pack (Blackhawk SOF) to carry as much as I can carry.

14. Katjang1

Katjang1 Loaded Pockets

Good for you. I am also thinking of slimming down 'cause my collection is getting out of hand. I own 4 backpacks and several bags....... But before I get rid of some I'd love to own a Fjällräven Vintage 30l :)

15. Rockman18

Rockman18 Loaded Pockets

I have more than one bag but have never used more than at a time, whenever I had gotten a new bag it became my current bag but now that I have had a GoRuck GR2 I see that being my One Bag for a long time. I love it and have it with me or out in my truck at all times. It weighs about 20 lbs right now but carries the weight so well that it has yet to feel heavy.

vicentedepablo likes this.
  16. BarksAtCats
    • In Omnia Paratus

BarksAtCats Loaded Pockets

I only have one bag, period. It is a messenger-type bag I got free as a promotional gift. It doesn't meet all my needs (would any single bag?) but I make it work. I simply cannot rationalize getting a different bag while this one works.
    As an aside, Bailey Works offers a sewing class where, for $50, they will provide you with the tools, materials and instruction to make your own bag. Now THAT looks mighty inviting.

17. Jeremy Henry

Jeremy Henry Loaded Pockets

I have bags that have other bags in them.:D

alecgold, Katjang1, Mester and 3 others like this.
  18. Blitzkrieg
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzkrieg Loaded Pockets

I wish it was one. I'm addicted to buying bags. 2 Maxpeds (Sitka S & Malaga) 2 FÜL bags (super organized backpack & sling), Columbia sling, inexpensive messenger bag, German Army rucksack, High Sierra frame pack, Mountainsmith lumbar pack, 2 OD canvas duffels along with who knows how many bags I've forgotte. I'm at the point that I forget what I buy :(

Jeremy Henry, Katjang1 and Mester like this.
  19. cowboyarcher

cowboyarcher Loaded Pockets

I'm like the rest, just one bag is not where I'm at!

20. dmwhiteman

dmwhiteman Loaded Pockets

I'd love to get down to one bag. I am trying to curb my addiction. If I buy just one more I'll be set haha

NeWt and Mester like this.