1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

any one get jokes cracked about there bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by pmeowned, Oct 29, 2008.

1. KG2V

KG2V Loaded Pockets

When I carried my BPP (I used to take Mass transit to work) I got the occasional comment - then again, I had friends/co-workers go to move it off a chair and ask "what the heck do you have in this thing?" (the usual answer was 'way too much stuff' - the bag weighs in at 50+ lbs - and yeah, I edc'd the bag). Now that I drive to work, the BPP stays home, and I have a Bailout bag, and I know that I'm under equipped - I usually also have an FR-1.

I just ordered the XL Bailout bag from CountyComm - that will allow me to carry more stuff.

I really really cut back when I got a leg wound that basically made me handicapped. My max walking distance right now is about 2 city blocks, after that, I'll be looking for a cane, and poping serious drugs. About 1/2 my existing bag is wound care products, and I have more cached at work, in the truck, and at home (plus about 1/2 the supplies are at the MDs office in a box with my name on it - the supplies are expensive enough that they are custom ordered for each client)

With the current setup, if people make a comment, I just say "it's wound care supllies for my bad leg, plus my laptop bag", and comments stop

2. DSC

DSC Banned

Wait...what?????? I don't know what kind of ren fests you go to, but the one I go to I go specifically FOR the food there! Yeah, I know it's expensive, but it's REALLY good...

3. UNIT24UK

UNIT24UK Empty Pockets

All the time mines a 5.11 24hour backpack,ex military so i like humping a load and having kit on me,everyone wisecracks about it(till i use something from it then they crowd round like ive opened up Aladdins cave)

4. drtrech

drtrech Empty Pockets

New guy here (first post).

If people make fun of my purse or fanny pack, I tell them that:

a. I am secure in my manhood, and
    b. I'm armed.

Let 'em laugh!

5. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

:welcome: Welcome aboard, drtrech.

6. pmeowned

pmeowned Empty Pockets

7. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

:iagree: :welcome:

8. Laenhart

Laenhart Empty Pockets

In high school I was part of a history club and we often went to the local civil war battlefields in our area (we are in MD so they are everywhere) and I would always have my backpack with me loaded with my "equipment". The original reason that I started carrying the bag was that I was allergic to bees at the time and I needed to carry an epi-pen everywhere so that my mother would not be ripping her hair out.
    At first people made fun of me because they had never seen me without my bag and when I helped people with some of the tools in my bag they would stop commenting on it for awhile but eventually start up again. Then we took a trip during the summer where we reenacted the life of a civil war soldier and lived in tents, ate their food, wore their uniforms, etc.
    We were given blankets to sleep on, and I had an inflatable hiking mattress and summer sleeping bag.
    We marched all day and I was the only one with decent boots.
    I had a flashlight at night.
    I had a good hat for the sun and undershirt to wear under the unbearable wool uniforms, etc.

I got no more comments after that. I was the only one who was comfortable the entire trip. ;)

9. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

This morning I was carrying my usual EDC pack, my organizer (detached from the pack), and a "tacticool" attache I was going to transfer all the stuff into (wanted to see how it would work for EDC, hadn't had time last night to repack it). Walking into the building I work in I passed a fellow out on a smoke break (think he is a retired NCO). He stared at me a few seconds, then said "You might as well just put on a uniform...."

10. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

HOOAH!

11. Glockness

Glockness Empty Pockets

A tough guy ( :() neighbor of mine called my bag a not so nice name and said people with fanny packs are...well lets just say not "straight". Until he saw me fish out my wallet and got a quick look at my Austrian Girl Friend (Glock 26). Then all of the sudden it was the coolest bag he had ever seen. He continued....."And when I become a LEO thats what I'm going to carry"

12. edc3

edc3 Loaded Pockets

Even when I carried a backpack people at work and my family referred to it as my Man Purse. Now I'm carrying a CountyComm BOB and getting more jokes. I've taken to telling people that M.U.R.S.E stands for Multi-Purpose Universal Retention System for Everything I own. :D

13. FerFAL

FerFAL Loaded Pockets

I call mine a bag, just a bag. It’s military surplus canvas so it’s not something you’d consider metrosexual.
    Plus I keep spare ammo, OC spray, flashlight, FAK, and a small survival kit in there, so it’s not very feminine. :cool:

FerFAL

14. geekygirl

geekygirl Banned

I get given heaps about my bag as it is very military like (Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II) ...especially buy the military members I work with (most of whom prefer not to go down the whole tacticool thing and just use normal old sports bags!)

I just call it my bag or backpack

:laugh:

Rather than tacticool, at my work they call it 'tactitool'...lol
    :evilgrin:

15. Edwood

Edwood Loaded Pockets

My friend keeps saying I look like I'm ready to go camping or on some other expedition with my Colossus.

Of course, he is impressed at how much stuff I have crammed into it.

-Ed

16. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

I'm a teenage boy, we are all making jokes about each others bag....... :laugh:

my edc is all on body, but my schoolfriends still claim their convinced I'm some kind of "terrorist/assasin/spy" depending on what I'm wearing. (leather jacket tends to get IRA commnets, add a wooly bennie hat for russian assain and my summer shirt (Hiawian) gets "spy trying to look inconspicuous") the russian remarks where particualy fun. just after they first started, I got a phone call. my ringtone is coincidentaly "From russia with love" and just after the short phone conversation I left the room. everyones reaction when I began to leave was "got annother job Igor?"
    I'm thinking of going over to a "murse" when I get a bit more cash, likely to lead to even more comments...

My use of a kitbag/webbing at scouts has gained me the nicknames "action andrew" "combat collin" "andy mcmash" and "rambo"

17. eggroll

eggroll Empty Pockets

does it matter?

18. messerjocke2000

messerjocke2000 Loaded Pockets

The funniest or most surprised crack was when i started rummaging in my EOD bag and one of my friends started laughing.
    I looked up and he goes: "Dude, you honestly need a FLASHLIGHT to find the stuff in your bag?" :lolhammer:

Well, it WAS somewhat dark in the room, so... :shrug:

Kilian

19. nypdblue

nypdblue Loaded Pockets

PURSE...Is the worst so far

20. Odd-Commodity

Odd-Commodity Loaded Pockets

I've come into a work a few times with a messenger style bag like the one used by Jack Bauer. Some of my co-workers begin to recite some scenes from Seinfeld calling it a "European Carry-all." "No wait, it's a man bag."

I'll get stuff like that from time to time. It's funny because several of my co-workers will come in with loaded athletic duffel bags, and its perfectly acceptable. Backpacks won't get as much as a second glance either. As soon as you throw a bag over one shoulder people start to throw a fit.