1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

any one get jokes cracked about there bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by pmeowned, Oct 29, 2008.

1. pmeowned

pmeowned Empty Pockets

i'de like to hear stories of jokes about your edc bags or you can just let off some steam here!

2. Seiko

Seiko Empty Pockets

I make fun of a friend that carries a fatboy that count? :)

3. Cuso

Cuso Loaded Pockets

Ive always carried fanny packs and variations of the thing since before I even had internet in my house... My friends didn't joke about it but found it very 1980's and unusual...None of them complained when we went to beaches,festivals and all nighters and my packs had all of their wallets, keys and money nicely/safely tucked away. I don't drink or smoke , but I always had the cool bottle opener or lighter or flashlight that everyone else wanted to use... How's 1980s now? :highfive:

4. Bushman5

Bushman5 Loaded Pockets

^ HAHAHAHA ;D ;D ;D :roof:

5. navraster

navraster Loaded Pockets

On a recent weekend trip to Napa, I had a friend of mine along who works in law enforcement. I had thought he would understand, as he is required to carry all kinds of crap while on the job. But alas, no... All weekend long, I heard cracks about my "combat purse." He thought that the joke, "Don't let your man-sack get ransacked" was just about the funniest thing he had ever heard. No big deal, as my bag held all the maps, tasting coupons, crackers, etc. I use a canvas bag similar to the Jack bag, but I think it works better. In any case, on the last day, Mr. Joe Cool stabbed himself in the ball of the thumb with a corkscrew, while trying to open a bottle of wine. His whole attitude changed when I brought out the alcohol wipes, neosporin, and a bandaid. After I dropped him off, my girlfriend told me that he had asked her where he could get one of those "cool military bags." :laugh:

6. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Loaded Pockets

It seems a common misconception that cool bags come pre-filled with cool stuff ;)

7. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

I carry a Maxpedition Jumbo. My wife simply refers to it as my man purse. It has gotten to the point where I will call it the same thing. I think Jack Bauer made the man purse socially acceptable.

8. MandM

MandM Loaded Pockets

Jack Bauer DID make the man purse socially acceptable!

But... I got tired of saying "man purse"... I simply call it my "murse". ;D

9. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I used to get jokes about my various bags and pouches, but I always tell my prospective tormentor that the bag is my "go to hell bag - when everything goes to hell, the bag goes with me". By the time they think that through, I'm gone.

10. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

I poke a little fun at some on my buddies who insist on carrying a "murse" with them at all times. That said, they are my buddies, I tease cause I care

11. DSC

DSC Banned

I think you should call them "gotcha" bags...as in "gotcha covered"...:)

12. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

I carry a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack. It has a CCW pocket where I carry my H&K USP Compact Stainless .45 when I can't conceal it on my body because of work dress requirements. It also has a pocket for a 1 liter Nalgene bottle. I've capped mine with a Guyot Designs FireFly (3 LED's under the lid).

My Wife and Father-In-Law used to make jokes about my Murse until they finally needed something that I was carrying in my Murse. Among other things, I have a FAK in my Murse. On this particular occassion, my Wife had a severe headache. She complained that she wished she had some Advil. I reached into my FAK and pulled out some Advil for her. I jokingly said "Good thing your Husband carries a Murse." She hasn't made any jokes since then.

My Father-In-Law and I went to a Florida Gators game "Go Gators!" and it started to rain. I pulled out two rain poncho's that I packed for the game. I always have at least one rain poncho anyway but I packed an extra one for him. No more jokes from him either.

I'm a Big Guy so nobody else makes jokes (to my face anyway).

13. tndiver13

tndiver13 Loaded Pockets

I bought a Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack to use on a cruise. A buddy cruising with me saw it before the cruise and started making fun of it. When I got to work the next day everyone asked about my "man purse". I used it on the trip and it worked great! I carried passport, maps, flashlight, a bottle of water, phone, and other necessary items. I do not care what anyone says it is a great bag and has travelled with me on every trip since I purchased it.

14. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

I call mine my Bag of Tricks or Bag of Evil.
    Ive never understood the terms "Man bag" or "Murse". I mean, ladies dont carry "Woman Bags" or "Furse's" do they?

15. jlfletcher83

jlfletcher83 Empty Pockets

I carry either my Malaga or my Fatboy S-type every day depending on what I am doing. I got a few jokes at first but once they realized how useful they are, a couple of buddies also bought fatboys. Thanks Jack for making us man bag carriers cool!

16. handcannon

handcannon Loaded Pockets

I have carried a MAX Colouss now since they came out, and a Fat boy for about a year and half before then. I use the Colouss for my lunch and drinks at work. Couple guys poked a little fun at me untill the found out my Kimber 45 was in there. I have been noticeing that more guys are carrying some kind of bag. Usually a tool bag of some sorts with their personal stuff in there...Wade

17. toddtheknifegeek

toddtheknifegeek Loaded Pockets

Some people poke fun, but more because I call it a purse than the fact I tote a bag. Have for 15yrs, most people are used to me having it. Most who know me have been saved by it or my "big purse". All the moms of my son's friends, (he's 5) call my truck the word's biggest purse or world's biggest diaper bag. Saved several a birthday dragging stuff out of the tool box. I have been asked, in all seriesness, by my office coworkers, "do you have a sawzall with you today?" They see my purse as a normal, and would never really say anything. Of course it could also be that my boss tells new hires to never move or touch my purse lest it go bang.

18. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

:laugh:

"Furse"--I love it! I'll have to use that with my wife the next time she tease's me about my "Murse" (wish I'd never taught her that phrase!).

I get teased more about the *extent* of my collection than I do about specific bags/packs--the fact that I'm always bringing in a different back after a few weeks causes much amusement at work and at home (or with me fiddling with what's packed in my bag). Pulling something useful out of a bag on demand hasn't impressed my wife too much, especially as it's usually done at home where I would've had the things somewhere anyway (it probably doesn't help that I go "See! A gearbag is useful!"). She does like to joke about our "Tactical Diaper Bag" (an Ogio backback of mine we adapted to be a weekend baby supply bag--not really "tacticool" in the sense EDCers would understand, but not your average flower-print pastel diaper bag!). I always seem to use my DevilDog for day outings; my wife used to mutter about that because she thought all butt-bags were goofy, but she's stopped now.

19. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

Oh, here's something I forgot about. Back in high school (early/mid-80s) I always used to carry stuff around in my backpack from class to class instead of going to my locker all the time, and I got teased often about that a lot. One time in a class (that I wasn't even in) a teacher challenged the students to identify unused space in the school, and one guy piped up "Scott U's locker!", which apparently got a lot of laughs. This was in Eugene, OR, and some 5-7 years later a school across town (Sheldon?) had one of the first modern school shootings--several students killed, the shooter suicided, and they discovered his family dead and house rigged with booby traps. Sometime after that the school system removed most of the lockers from the schools, and all students had to pack everything. Given the circumstances, I can't really say I had the last laugh.

20. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

Priceless! :laugh: