1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Any Love Like Mine for the MicroStream?!?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Freddo4J, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

Now THAT'S hot. I never considered this light for a keychain light because it didn't accept a ring. It just needs a tailstand back cap and it would be perfect.

poe47, WheelgunBob and keith1234 like this.
  2. Freddo4J

Freddo4J Loaded Pockets

Boo hoo... So I go and start this thread and at a Fly Fishing Show a couple of Saturdays ago, I "lost" mine after showing it to someone, somehow, yuck! A new one is on the way here now. My little buddy has been one of the handiest EDC items to date for me. And at under $20, the loss wasn't to big a hit on the wallet. Looking forward to getting the replacement this week.

Matt Shepard likes this.
  3. Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock Loaded Pockets

I have two of 'em, great little lights!

4. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

The Microstream is my favorite flashlight. I can't kill it despite my best efforts. I've carried it almost every day for two or three years now.

John F. likes this.
  5. Hofy

Hofy Loaded Pockets

This was my first LED light. I still carry it and it now has new life after dropping in an Ultrafire 3.7v lithium cell!

6. poe47

poe47 Loaded Pockets

I carried mine on a lanyard for many years. The rubber button cover eventually wore out, but it still works great. Now I'm using the Stylus Pro from Streamlight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Moshe ben David likes this.
  7. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

Just started playing with a Microstream USB. Its a little longer but puts out 250 lumens on high and 50 lumens on low. Like the rechargeable feature but find it too bright on low. 15 to 25 lumens on low would be preferable and give an even longer run time

8. JJ4

JJ4 Empty Pockets

I have a Microstream USB, which is slightly longer than the original, slightly brighter, powered by an (apparently) proprietary Li-ion battery and recharges via an internal micro USB charger. I like the forward clicky switch that allows for momentary on, the pocket clip is good and the tint of the LED is relatively neutral. I don't like the fact that it only has two brightness modes (it would be nice if it had a proper low mode), or that the double click required to get to high has a high learning curve -- it doesn't double click like other flashlights, so you need to time it just right and I still find myself struggling with it sometimes.

Comparing to other EDC flashlights, this is a little longer than many that are brighter, although of course it does have an advantage in being so thin and so lightweight. It's very easy to carry and very discreet. I haven't really carried mine much since getting it, though. If it's all I had, I would, but I have some other flashlights that are brighter, have more useful mode spacing and which are larger, but not by enough to matter to me, like the Zebralight SC64w HI. The Microstream USB would win if bulk and weight were bigger priorities for me; I've just found that if I can carry any flashlight by pocket clip, I can usually carry a compact 18650 flashlight as well.

Last edited by JJ4, Feb 12, 2019
    #68 JJ4, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

My three favorites lights are the Microstream, the Stylus Pro, and the NiteCore Tube. I always have a Microstream (either the original or the new USB version) in my pocket; the FAK in my daily bag has a Microstream, my daily bag also has a Stylus Pro; and I have Stylus Pro lights in a couple of strategically placed FAK in the house (kitchen and garage). Keyrings have the NiteCore Tube and I have one more Tube that rides in my sweats for just lounging around the house!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

poe47 and Wishoot like this.
  10. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Just like Mr. Moshe ben David, The Microstream rarely leaves my side. I love the size, shape, simplicity, weight and reliability of this light. I have a couple Stylus Pro's in the house and in the car ready to go as well. Love them for the same reason.

Moshe ben David and poe47 like this.
  11. revs
    • In Omnia Paratus

revs Loaded Pockets

Microstream in my right shirt pocket and an Olight i3E EOS in my jacket pocket everyday. Microstream is going on 5-6 years old and the Olight was a Christmas gift from the kids.

12. Greasezombie

Greasezombie Loaded Pockets

I had one for a few years, never was without it. One day at work I was changing tracks on a piece of equipment and it got crushed...so I ordered a new one...amazon sent me some cheap knock off light....I was so pissed. I ended up ordering a bigger streamlight...but even it was defective.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

13. Freddo4J

Freddo4J Loaded Pockets

Sorry to hear this! I'm always grabbing mine and to this day, next to my wallet, one of the most used EDC items I own!

All the best! - Fred

14. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar Loaded Pockets

Although I don't EDC the MS, I have several scattered around the house and in the truck.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

15. 340pd

340pd Loaded Pockets

I have the USB version and keep it in my desk. I also find the low setting way to bright. The best and most useful small lights I have ever owned are Maratac AAA and particularly in brass which has smoother threads than any of their other metal offerings. BTW, Maratac has a great tiny rechargeable about 1/2 the size of a AAA battery.

16. Burncycle

Burncycle Loaded Pockets

I have a Zebralight SC300 and Black Shadow Terminator, but my EDC is a Streamlight Microstream with a 10440 battery.

In an age of a bajillion modes, I really really really like the simplicity of a single mode forward clicky.

17. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

+1 * 1000! :)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Burncycle likes this.
  18. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

There are a lot of lights offering between 1 and a Bajillion modes!
    I prefer one of them usually.

The Streamlight 1L-1AA is a great example of one of them and can be programmed to be just one mode if that is what you prefer.
    The light can also run on an AA or 123 battery with no special adjustment of any kind which s a pretty handy feature as well!
    Really like a giant Microstream with more features and runtime!

I also really like the Protac aaa which has more features still in an aaa form light!
    It can also be programmed to your preference.

#78 EZDog, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Burncycle likes this.